Tesla Financial

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Tesla Financial

@Schwartzinator wrote:

@LittleSal wrote:

Totally agree! 

Tesla is such a technology based vehicle that I'd want a new one every three years.   Like an iPhone. 

Yeah, I have an April 2019 build that shipped with the v2.5 hardware. Even though it's only aesthetic right now (no interest in Full Self Driving), I'm bummed I don't get to see all the new driving visualizations. 

I'm still on the 2.0 hardware though allegedly since I got in on the fire sale last year for FSD I should get an upgrade to 3.0 at some point.

I don't think I am getting a new Tesla anytime soon, the current AWD is such an awesome car and it keeps getting better in my opinion.  There would have to be a massive upgrade to get me to think it worth buying another, and I don't think car manufacturers even Tesla innovate that quickly.

Frankly if they were looking to do the 3 year cycle other manufacturers have to keep their revenue up, they made too good a car.

Also I don't know how much better my life would be at 400 miles range: I am going to be moving to Houston from LA so I am going to get to experience it first hand what it's like going long distance... and then once in Houston I will probably drive it even less than I do now (6k miles after one year of ownership dur).

Really if I were buying a Tesla again I think I would just go with DCU at 65 months: 2.49% if you do their relationship stuff, and then another .25% discount for an EV?

Hello 2.24% auto loan, I'm at 3.85% now through USBank when they were a financing partner.  That's lower than any mortgage currently.

Actually I may go do that anyway: can't play reindeer games but if it is lower than my mortgage especially with PMI just refi down and I have a different loan to go avalanche.  That refi would cost me nothing, hmm.

        
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.