Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Drive and Credit Pull

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Test Drive and Credit Pull

@hardworkpaysoff wrote:

Okay sounds good. I'll investigate changing my #s on the insurance. If its not too much of a rate hike I'll do it for sure.

I'm still up in the air on financing. I need solid numbers that nobody (even lenders) can seem to provide me. Oh well, just a waiting game I guess.

Yeah, you need to give it some time. Oldest account should be about 2 years and also have a good down payment. Then get preapprovals before heading to the dealer. You will be able to steal (cost wise) a mustang this winter in Colorado. 

As for the snow tires. If I remember correctly, Blizzak has performance winter tires (LM-60) and studless winter tires (WS-70). The LM-60's will do better on dry roads and the WS-70's will do better on ice. But there are tons of other brands out there to look into. It is just very important to put all four on, only putting two on is just asking to find a ditch.

As for insurance. You can check around some other companies. Geico has always been one of the highests for more. Safeco and USAA have been the lowest, but it is different for everyone.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 21 of 27
hardworkpaysoff
Established Member

I wish I was military or had family in the service, everyone talks so highly of USAA.

Latest FICO Score(s): EQ 726 (Lender, 6/13), EX 672 (Dealer, v3 Auto, 5/13), TU 702 (Dealer, Auto 04, 5/13)

U.S. Bank Cash Rewards ($1000), Capital One Visa Platinum ($750), Discover it for Students ($650), American Express Green (NPSL), DCU Visa Platinum ($3000).
Message 22 of 27
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

The military is an honorable profession,  You're still young, have you considered joining the Gaurd?

There is the Air National Gaurd, Navy Reserve, Marine Reserves, Army National Gaurd...

These are citizens who dedicate a few weeks out of the year and one weekend per month to stay ready for any emergency, domestic or foreign.  You get the same benefits as regular miliary, and you can even stay in for 20+ years and earn a retirement.  You may have to respond to hurricanes, tornadoes, and you may be deployed at some point.  Many of the operations from these branches of military involve support operations. You can also earn valuable training in things like electronics, controls, health, medical...

A friend of mine joined the Gaurd and went to Military Police school and was able to hire on as a policeman after his 12 weeks of training was over.

While in college you can go to officer training school, so that you're given an officer commission if you join after college. New officers are accepted up to age 27 in the Marines

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 23 of 27
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

my sisters boyfriend enlisted in the gaurd and has served his 6 years. He'll be discharged in a few months, and he only has a few more credit hours to take before earning his degree in engineering. (he changed majors several times)

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 24 of 27
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

Everyone has covered most of your concerns/questions here, but I will add one thing.  You are VERY smart for wanting to put down as much as you can.  Way to go.  Also, if you put down more than 20%, don't bother with GAP insurance.  Decline it on the paper work.  

Also, insurance aside..... In may cases, you can drive a GT off the lot, for almost as little as the V6 models.  Leftover 2013 GT's are down to $28,000.00, and the new 14's are $2000.00 off MSRP right now.......

I will also say, there's no way Ford credit is going to grant you 1.9%....   Join a credit union, and you will probably get the lowest rate you can.  1.9-2.9% for a new vehicle.

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 27
hardworkpaysoff
Established Member

As much as I want the GT (honestly), I have my issues. I am coming from a 100HP car, FWD car. I can't handle 450 horses right now, at all, at such a young age. They say the smart ones know their limits. This v6 is definitely my limit. I also can't afford the gas of a GT (looots of city driving, slow, bumper bumper traffic.) All in all, it's likely I'll be a GT driver later in life, but I want my first mustang to be this v6.

As long as I can get under 10%, I am a happy camper. I just want to get financed and live my dreams.

Latest FICO Score(s): EQ 726 (Lender, 6/13), EX 672 (Dealer, v3 Auto, 5/13), TU 702 (Dealer, Auto 04, 5/13)

U.S. Bank Cash Rewards ($1000), Capital One Visa Platinum ($750), Discover it for Students ($650), American Express Green (NPSL), DCU Visa Platinum ($3000).
Message 26 of 27
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@hardworkpaysoff wrote:

As much as I want the GT (honestly), I have my issues. I am coming from a 100HP car, FWD car. I can't handle 450 horses right now, at all, at such a young age. They say the smart ones know their limits. This v6 is definitely my limit. I also can't afford the gas of a GT (looots of city driving, slow, bumper bumper traffic.) All in all, it's likely I'll be a GT driver later in life, but I want my first mustang to be this v6.

As long as I can get under 10%, I am a happy camper. I just want to get financed and live my dreams.

Way to be responsible Smiley Happy

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.