Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texas Auto Lenders that uses Experian or TU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Texas Auto Lenders that uses Experian or TU

Hi I'm in the Houston area looking for an Auto Lender that pulls Experian or TransUnion Auto Scores because my Equifax auto score sucks. My Equifax Auto score is about 40 points lower than Both TU and Ex and I have no idea why.

NFCU gave me 9.29 interest for an EQ score of 614 when I checked my scores they apparently used the old FICO 5 score model because the new FICO 5 score model shows 640. My auto FICO for Ex is 679 and TU 688

Carvana quoted me 11.95% and CarMax quoted me 7.95% all based on EQ 640

Can some one give me any suggestions on how to find out this information before applying because I'm tired of being offered higher interest rates based on EQ.

Thanks!
9 REPLIES 9
settleordelete
Regular Contributor

Re: Texas Auto Lenders that uses Experian or TU

I'm in Houston also. Ford Credit pulled Experian in 2011 and 2016. Toyota pulled TU and EQ in 2010. Hyundai Financial pulled Experian, dealer pulled Transunion in 2016.
I've been where you are trying to go and I don't wanna go back.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh thank you so much for that information. I will be checking the pre-owned inventory of those dealerships near me in the morning. Hopefully this all goes well. Thanks Settleordelete!
Message 3 of 10
wilkersonk
Established Member

In Houston also, MB Financial pulls Experian as of yesterday.

Message 4 of 10
marty56
Super Contributor

San Antonio RBFCU uses TU and if you have an account with them they may pre-approve you with applying from time to time.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 10
Spider07
Regular Contributor

Houston here also, Kia pulled both Transunion and Equifax, used the highest. 

Message 6 of 10
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

If you are a member or can become a member of Amoco Credit Union they use TU. Also TDECU will use TU as a backup score if it's better than EQ.

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 7 of 10
Spider07
Regular Contributor

@JGGM wrote:

If you are a member or can become a member of Amoco Credit Union they use TU. Also TDECU will use TU as a backup score if it's better than EQ.

I am a member of Amoco.  I refi my wifes SUV with them in December 2018.  Great process.  However, they pulled Equifax and no other report when I used them in Dec.  

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMOCO around here (Houston/Galveston area) pull equifax as of yesterday
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have You tried SHELL FCU in the houston area? especially the best when it comes to USED or NEW CAR LOANS. BEST RATES. 

They bragg a lot about how they  approve so many with different scores? 

www.shellfcu.org

Dont exactly know who they pull? if anyone finds out or knows let me know

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.