Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too late for pre-approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too late for pre-approval?

I need to buy a car tomorrow morning, I'll be test driving a few cars tonight and must pull the trigger by tomorrow morning.

I've never had a loan before, but I've read it's best to get pre-approved and see if the dealer can beat it. However, since I'm tight for time, I'm wondering if it's too late for me to try and get pre-approved? If not, does anyone have any Banks/CUs that you' recommend?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Too late for pre-approval?

A bit tight on time for someone local. Could try an online lender, but even then there's not guarantee.

I did this once in the past, but to get a dealer credit, I had to finance through Ford Motor Credit. The following week, I refinanced with my local bank and dropped my rate from 3.5 to 2.5 without any additional costs/fees.

You could check with your local bank and see what refi options they have - if any - if you're not able to get something done prior.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU  I have a car loan with them - awesome, my daughter has 2 with them.

Pentagon Federal Credit Union * I only have savings with them but have been looking at their hybrid car loan forget official name but it's like a lease where you have a residual at end.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

A bit tight on time for someone local. Could try an online lender, but even then there's not guarantee.

I did this once in the past, but to get a dealer credit, I had to finance through Ford Motor Credit. The following week, I refinanced with my local bank and dropped my rate from 3.5 to 2.5 without any additional costs/fees.

You could check with your local bank and see what refi options they have - if any - if you're not able to get something done prior.

Good idea I'll keep this in mind after tomrorrow!

@Anonymous wrote:

DCU  I have a car loan with them - awesome, my daughter has 2 with them.

Pentagon Federal Credit Union * I only have savings with them but have been looking at their hybrid car loan forget official name but it's like a lease where you have a residual at end.

Thanks for the recommendation! Do you think I'll be good to go with them by tomorrow morning?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.