Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tower Federal Credit Union Auto loan score requirements

tag
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Tower Federal Credit Union Auto loan score requirements

Looking at getting an auto loan with tower FCU. They are offering the best rates currently that I've been able to find. 2.2-2.99 depending on term. Tropical is another one with great rates but seems limited to south Florida. 

there isn't much info available about tower and their requirements that I can locate. Just blips on Reddit about their great rates 

does anyone know the credit score requirements for tower to qualify for the best rates ? What scoring version and bureau they pull ? 
many info on those who are self employed ? 

currently have an 783. Another CU required a 785 when I called to inquire so I'm like right at that edge potentially. Hoping that tower isn't quite as strict. 

thanks 

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

6 REPLIES 6
beastmobile
New Visitor

Re: Tower Federal Credit Union Auto loan score requirements

Were you able to get an answer for this?  Similar situation with self employed but score is right around 802.  

Message 2 of 7
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

I re-financed my car with Tower Federal CU through Caribou so they handled most of what was required. My scores were in the mid 600s and my auto scores were even lower but grateful to have secured a loan with 5.5% interest rate.

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 694
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 683 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Shadowfactor Spoke with rep today and they pull TU. couldnt say which verison of the score or what score would get you the best rates. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 4 of 7
cargurufrank
New Visitor

What the HELL happened to Towers Auto rates? Feb 1st 2023 the Fed raised federal funds rate by 0.25%, but that doesn't really affect auto rates. On February 8th Tower rates for a 60 month used car loan were as low as 2.99%, best in the nation. Now? 8.49%, one of the Worst in the Nation.

Message 5 of 7
fury1995
Valued Contributor

@cargurufrank wrote:

What the HELL happened to Towers Auto rates? Feb 1st 2023 the Fed raised federal funds rate by 0.25%, but that doesn't really affect auto rates. On February 8th Tower rates for a 60 month used car loan were as low as 2.99%, best in the nation. Now? 8.49%, one of the Worst in the Nation.

This... exactly. They had 84 months at 4.99% as well. I submitted my application on January 29th. All documents were uploaded at the time of application. I called a week later and was told they were extremely backlogged with their applications and I asked why? The rep said there were WAY TOO MANY TESLA AUTO LOAN REQUESTS and laughed at me. They took FOREVER processing and just two days ago replied to my message to sign in and sign documents and of course, the rates jumped way way way up! 84 months is 10.49% now. I'm an 850 FICO accross all three and nope, no sir... there ain't no way I'm signing for that.

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 6 of 7
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

Mos CU advertise their lowest rates but fail to show for how many months.  Most rates 72 months and greater are usually around 10% now.  smh

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.