Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tower Federal auto loan bi-weekly payments

tag
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

Tower Federal auto loan bi-weekly payments

I successfully changed my payment from Monthly to Bi-weekly. They are so old school and their app sucks, but i had to fill out a form that i had to email to them. This will help with my budget, going from $358 monthly down to $179 bi-weekly and paying it off faster and saving on daily interest.

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 694
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 683 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Re: Tower Federal auto loan bi-weekly payments

How much do you have financed, how long is the term and what's the APR? You've basically added an extra $29 to your monthly payment. Bi-weekly payments are a pretty common practice when it comes to mortgages as one can see significant interest savings by paying the note off many, many years early, but car loans just aren't that long, so I'm curious what some of the details of your loan are.

Message 2 of 3
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: Tower Federal auto loan bi-weekly payments

@JoeRockhead wrote:

How much do you have financed, how long is the term and what's the APR? You've basically added an extra $29 to your monthly payment. Bi-weekly payments are a pretty common practice when it comes to mortgages as one can see significant interest savings by paying the note off many, many years early, but car loans just aren't that long, so I'm curious what some of the details of your loan are.

Yes ^^^

The interest savings and shorter loan term for a vehicle is small compared to a mortgage.

However just for fun I looked at current average interest rates, loan terms and auto prices.

I was surprised, average car price 2023 is over 49,000, interest 6% and term 65+ months

With those numbers by-weekly would save a little.

I plugged in 6%, 5-years and the loan amount to hit OP's payment.

( $18,520 @ 6.0% with $384/mo  vs  $179 / 2-weeks 

The by-weekly will shave 1 month from loan term and  ~297 in interest. 

By the time the loan is paid that will be a tank of gas    Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.