cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toyota still pulling my credit report after loan has been funded and approved!

tag
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

Toyota still pulling my credit report after loan has been funded and approved!

so 4/7/2016 I go to lease a new 2016 Toyota Camry from my local Toyota dealer.  I fill out the app and had to leave to run a few errands, and told them I would come back pick up the car.  I currently have a 2016 BMW X5 M-Sport and have a good job and income to support another car, along with great fico scores and all, so I know I would be approved for the second car.

So, I'm in with the finance guy and he gives me my fico score from Transunion and it's a bit lower then my fico score from here, and I expected a slight variation so that's all well and good.  We do all the paperwork, and everything and the car comes home with me the same night.

Here's where it gets interesting!

April 11th, they call me from the dealership to ask to verify my SS #, because Toyota says it doesn't match, ok so I provide it to them again.

I get the following credit alerts:

4/8/16 Transunion pulled from the dealership

4/8/16 Experian pulled from Toyota

4/11/2016 Experian pulled from Toyota

4/15/2016 Experian pulled from Toyota

4/19/16 Equifax pulled from Toyota

So I've talked to the finance director and he tells me what happened:

They ran my credit on April 7th and approved the loan, on April 11th Toyota comes back and declined the loan because my SS# didn't match, they called me to verify the number and that they had it wrong in their system and I gave them the SS#, they resubmit it again on the 11th, and it comes back declined again because the still inputted the wrong number into their system.  They don't call me again, and then on 15th, the submitted the correct SS# and it gets approved and the loan is funded on the 19th. 

I went into the dealership yesterday to hand them all the credit report pulls and said I wanted the extra two from experian removed from my credit report as they made a mistake and that it shouldn't have been pulled if you guys entered the wrong SS# into the system. So the call Toyota and they say that I need to write a letter to dispute these inquires and that they will look into it to see if it can be removed.

Well I received another alert today that my Equifax report was pulled from Toyota.

So, my question that I have is, how can someone receive credit report pulls if the SS# doesn't match???? I would think that if they inputted the wrong number it would try and pull the credit report associated with that number and not my report. Also how can they still pull a credit report after the contract has been signed and the loan has been funded!

I told the dealership that if they don't resolve this and remove these inquiries I'm going to file a dispute with the CFPB and also report them to the better business bureau.

Do I have a leg to stand on to get these inquires removed?

Scores as as follows:

Transunion: 751 4/18/2016

Experian: 733 4/19/2016

Equifax: 687 4/18/2016 (still has BK reporting and won't purge off till June)

Gardening since 06/01/2016

6 REPLIES 6
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Toyota still pulling my credit report after loan has been funded and approved!

Look slike dealership pulled once and Toyota pulled multiple times.  Your beef is with Toyota Financial Services

Message 2 of 7
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

Re: Toyota still pulling my credit report after loan has been funded and approved!

@sccredit wrote:

Look slike dealership pulled once and Toyota pulled multiple times.  Your beef is with Toyota Financial Services

Yeah I think so as well, so the dealership is writing up a letter for me to send in with my dispute. I don't think they could keep doing this after the loan has been signed sealed and delivered...

Message 3 of 7
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

Got another alert, they pulled transunion now on 4/19!

Message 4 of 7
jim44
Established Contributor

@waynes1982 wrote:

I don't get this either.. however from the dealer's side in addition to filling in your SS#, they must also fill in your full name, address, and phone number. If your SS was off by a number or two, they would still have your CR. You would think the F&I mgr would notice the decrepancy from your report.  I can't say if F&I entered more than 3 wrong numbers of your SS# what the results would be.

The other poster is correct... your beef is with TFS.  That dealership does need to find a new F&I manager.  Two SS# mistakes with the same customer?  Obviously not double checking the info on the app before sending.  That's just plain sloppy.  Let us know when the HP's are removed and if it was a HUGE ordeal.  Thanks.

Message 5 of 7
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

@jim44 wrote:

@waynes1982 wrote:

I don't get this either.. however from the dealer's side in addition to filling in your SS#, they must also fill in your full name, address, and phone number. If your SS was off by a number or two, they would still have your CR. You would think the F&I mgr would notice the decrepancy from your report.  I can't say if F&I entered more than 3 wrong numbers of your SS# what the results would be.

The other poster is correct... your beef is with TFS.  That dealership does need to find a new F&I manager.  Two SS# mistakes with the same customer?  Obviously not double checking the info on the app before sending.  That's just plain sloppy.  Let us know when the HP's are removed and if it was a HUGE ordeal.  Thanks.

I'm fully prepared to battle this one!  I mean really how stupid can they be to not verify my SS# and submit the wrong number twice!!!!

I did get a call and my plates are in for the car, so it's fully funded and a done deal.  I better not get anymore credit alerts now, and if I do I'm going to strangle someone. lol

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't really have anything helpful to say here but WOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW. I'd be livid. ....one more time WOOOOOOWWWWWWW.....

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.