Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TrueCar Pricing

tag
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

TrueCar Pricing

Hi all,

I have my financing squared away and I’m shopping for a new car now but have a question about pricing. Does the TrueCar price include dealer incentives? For example, Mazda has a $2,000 off incentive this month and the TrueCar values are about 15% under MSRP. Most dealers are barely quoting under MSRP though before incentives so I’m wondering how low should I aim for when negotiating for the best price? Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TrueCar Pricing

Hey maybe I can be of help again haha. When I bought my car I used true car and also had a dealer incentive on top of that. It may depend on the dealership but I bought a 2018 toyota avalon right when the new body style 2019's came out and toyota was offering $5000 rebate on the 2018 to get rid of them. The best offer I got from true car was $4,500 off MSRP with the additional $5,000 rebate on top. I didn't even buy the car from that particular dealership but I brought their offer to the dealership I did want to purchase from and asked if they could beat it. Ended buying a $37k car for $26,500
Message 2 of 3
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: TrueCar Pricing

@KLEXH25 wrote:
Hi all,

I have my financing squared away and I’m shopping for a new car now but have a question about pricing. Does the TrueCar price include dealer incentives? For example, Mazda has a $2,000 off incentive this month and the TrueCar values are about 15% under MSRP. Most dealers are barely quoting under MSRP though before incentives so I’m wondering how low should I aim for when negotiating for the best price? Thanks!

Mazdas don't have much markup. I bought mine at dealer cost and it ended up being something like $30 below msrp, out the door. Unfortunately, there weren't any incentives at the time other than return customers and military.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.