cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to refinance my auto loan but i'm having problems...

tag
remoteremedy1
New Visitor

Trying to refinance my auto loan but i'm having problems...

Trying to refinance my auto loan but i'm having problems...please help

my credit score right now:

Experian - 598

Equifax - 579

TransUnion - 574

it was originally around 520 but i'm working hard to get my scores up. Almost a year ago my car broke down and i had no choice but to get a new one. After shopping around and making the stupid mistake of having dealers run my credit multiple times, i finally was able to obtain a new car, the only thing is that the interest rate is extremely high.

I am unsure on the number but my montly payment is 455 dollars on a 20k loan. I have friends with the same car and the montly payment is 150 dollars.

I did some research and i heard its best to apply for a subprime lender, i tried roadloans.com but i was denied. Does anyone have any other companies that you think would help? Or any other suggestions? Please let me know.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Trying to refinance my auto loan but i'm having problems...

You'll just get more of the same rate with a subprime lender. Do you know your rate now?

If I had what you had, I would focus on repair and rebuilding credit over the next 5-6 months or so, get my FICO scores into the 600s, and then I would try to refi with a CU somewhere. And I know how frustrating it can be throwing away money. Before learning about credit I had two loans, one at 13.xx% and then two years later, like I didn't know any better, I agreed to pay 19.9% APR on a 72 months note for $606 and some change for a car worth tens of thousands less. At least I found this site before paying it off and paid it off a year early. Better late than never.

Message 2 of 4
ImprovingYouth
Regular Contributor

@llecs wrote:

You'll just get more of the same rate with a subprime lender. Do you know your rate now?

If I had what you had, I would focus on repair and rebuilding credit over the next 5-6 months or so, get my FICO scores into the 600s, and then I would try to refi with a CU somewhere. And I know how frustrating it can be throwing away money. Before learning about credit I had two loans, one at 13.xx% and then two years later, like I didn't know any better, I agreed to pay 19.9% APR on a 72 months note for $606 and some change for a car worth tens of thousands less. At least I found this site before paying it off and paid it off a year early. Better late than never.

+1

I will add that I believe your friend is highly exaggurating their payment. A 20k loan with the longest possible term (usually 72 months) would equate to $277.78 with 0% interest. The loan would have to be less than 10k to have a payment that low.... (unless they are leasing in which the loan might actually be only 10k or less, but thats a different story all-together).

Age: 22 //Cards: Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Visa, Discover IT, CreditOne, CapOne Quicksilver, CapOne Cash, Walmart, Barclaycard, Citibank BestBuy, NavyFederal Visa Signature cashRewards //AAoA: 1 Year 3 Months (but going down quickly Smiley Tongue) //CK:692, Sesame:656
Message 3 of 4
remoteremedy1
New Visitor

thank you for the responses, i guess i have no choice but to wait.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.