Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Auto Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA Auto Loan

Hey ya'll

I was approved for a USAA auto loan for up to $51,000 on Saturday, so I went on Sunday to purchase a vehicle, I ultimately ended up purchasing a vehicle for $38,500. 

We filled out all the paperwork, buyers order, title app, all that stuff, faxed into USAA, the dealership let me leave with the car. 

Today they called me to let me know they still haven't been paid by USAA and asked me to touch base with them, does anyone have any experience with USAA autoloans? on my USAA page it shows the autoloan, originally it just showed "AUTO LOAN - PENDING" and the amount, now it says "AUTO LOAN - 2016 MASERATI GHIBLI PENDING"  I called USAA and touched base with them but they said to just give it time.

does anyone know how long USAA usually takes to fund the dealership? My last loan I had, not from USAA they were paid the next day. 

Thanks ya'll.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Auto Loan

Why not inquire of USAA and let it be known what happened?
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I did give them a call and they basically said in other words "we'll get to it when we get to it" the dealership was just ancy since they let me leave with the car but they haven't been paid, which is understandable, however the controller there was just more ancy about it because she said in her experience USAA always paid them the same day or the next. 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I did give them a call and they basically said in other words "we'll get to it when we get to it" the dealership was just ancy since they let me leave with the car but they haven't been paid, which is understandable, however the controller there was just more ancy about it because she said in her experience USAA always paid them the same day or the next. 

Monday was a banking holiday + you purchased on a Sunday, may be delayed due to that?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous got it. Your contact may have heated it up for USAA and I do follow the dealer's being concerned.

Nice approval and do hope all comes out well! Seems USAA is making product changes so it is good to know they are still out with vehicle loans.
Message 5 of 11
firemartinez1980
Regular Contributor

May I ask what your scores were and if you know which they used?

Currently considering USAA for a loan, but not sure how picky they are

Congrats on the new ride!

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@firemartinez1980 wrote:

They pulled my Experian which is 735, with 37 inquiries. And thank you! Love it 

Message 7 of 11
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@firemartinez1980 wrote:

Which version of Experian may I ask?

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gladius wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@firemartinez1980 wrote:

@Gladius wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@firemartinez1980 wrote:

@Gladius wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@firemartinez1980 wrote:

Just my regular FICO I am assuming because my auto loan score is only 682 but my regular FICO is 735 and that's what showed on the consumer lending letter I signed. 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymousgot it. Your contact may have heated it up for USAA and I do follow the dealer's being concerned.

Nice approval and do hope all comes out well! Seems USAA is making product changes so it is good to know they are still out with vehicle loans.

What do you mean by heated it up? Haha 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.