Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Denied 2x

tag
msvee32
New Contributor

USAA Denied 2x

I have been with USAA for over 10 years. I applied for an auto refinance loan last month and was denied. When I asked why they stated my 2013 BK and I had some negative accounts. Today I applied again for an auto refinance because the negative accounts are no longer showing, these accounts were in dispute and EX finally removed yesterday, YAY! However USAA denied my loan once again. I asked the rep to transfer me to supervisor because I wanted to know why. The supervisor mentioned my 2013 BK once agagin and now he says I do not have enough credit after filing my BK. They like to see 2 years worth of on time payments and I only have a year. I am sick of USAA and unfortunately I included NFCU in my 2013 BK so they are not interested in loaning me anything. Does anyone know of a bank that I can refinance my car through. My current loan is ridiculous! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Hex
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA Denied 2x

USAA is awful to anyone with BK even if they weren't included. I don't think they will consider you (or me) for anything for at least 5 years post BK DC and I'm doubting even then. Don't waste hard inquires on them and be happy they haven't shut off regular online access to you bank accounts. They like to limit post BK people to mobile version only access to online banking. Just search USAA and BK on Google or this site and you'll see. I got approved for a car loan with 4 other lenders. I was financing $14K on $36K loan. I thought: I love USAA and I have 4 approvals so surely since I've been with them for 15 years and never so much as bounced a check they will want to give me a car loan.
Nope.
Cap1 gave me 3.18%
They actually kinda suck. If it wasn't for instant access mobile deposit I'd kick 'em to the curb. Dcu has they early payday thing covered.
Message 2 of 5
Hex
Valued Contributor

And don't forget to forget about credit cards too.
Message 3 of 5
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Definitely DCU (Digital Federal Credit Union) if you are more than 2 years post discharge.   They are the best auto lender in the country, unless you get special captive dealer financing like 0% deals.

Message 4 of 5
Joecooltech
Regular Contributor

As some who works for USAA we are indeed harder on people that have filed Bk in the past but you would be shocked to see how many people we give second chances to just to get burn 15 months later. It sucks for the people with good intentions who just ran in medical issues or divorce and had to file BK
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.