Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA for the win!!

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: USAA for the win!!

@Gmood1, Sorry late on this, but .. Congratulations on your NEW rideSmiley Happy

Message 11 of 19
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

That is a super nice blue color..

I was almost surprised you did not go with AOD and their Auto rates but you did explain the ease of using the other FI.

autopay awarded another .25%... what was the other .50% reduction?

Congratulations on your new to you ride!

Message 12 of 19
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 @Credit4Growth 

Thanks my friends, I appreciate it!

@Credit4Growth 

I was trying to go with them. It was three weeks after I submitted an application before anyone contacted me. And surprisingly I was denied and approved. Now how does that happen? lol

The system showed pending for several weeks with the best rate offered. Then changed to denied. Then received a voicemail telling me I was approved.

I tried to call back multiple times and left a voicemail. I wasn't able to connect with the person that called me. Or anyone for that matter. lmao

At the time, I was still looking and hadn't nailed down a particular place to buy a Giulia. I looked at and talked to dealers in Seattle Washington, Portland Oregon, Southern California, Chicago , Georgia, South Carolina and Texas. For some reason in my area the dealers love the cars more than the buyers do.Smiley LOL

So this forced me to look well outside of my area. And if I could save several thousand dollars. It was more than worth it for me to fly out, buy the vehicle and drive it home. The plane ticket using my trusty Delta Skymiles cost me less than $6. Two tank refills, lunch and a dinner stop got me back home.

And  you are correct. It was another .50% using the USAA car buyer service(basically true car) on top of the .25% for autopay. Even though I had already made the deal on the car before I realized the wholesaler was a certified USAA auto dealer. Or before I had even decided to use USAA. 

I had preapprovals from Penfed, Redstone and Capital One as well. Penfed would have been my 2nd choice. With only a day or two left before I was scheduled to fly out and pick it up. USAA was the easiest to deal with and the fastest. Absolutely no paperwork on my end as everything was done virtually.

No hunting down copies of titles from dealers or mailing or faxing in anything. Basically a 10 minutes at most, point and shoot ..I was done.

And didn't have to talk to a single soul. Love it!

Message 13 of 19
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@M_Smart007 @Credit4Growth 

Thanks my friends, I appreciate it!

@Credit4Growth 

I was trying to go with them. It was three weeks after I submitted an application before anyone contacted me. And surprisingly I was denied and approved. Now how does that happen? lol

The system showed pending for several weeks with the best rate offered. Then changed to denied. Then received a voicemail telling me I was approved.

I tried to call back multiple times and left a voicemail. I wasn't able to connect with the person that called me. Or anyone for that matter. lmao

At the time, I was still looking and hadn't nailed down a particular place to buy a Giulia. I looked at and talked to dealers in Seattle Washington, Portland Oregon, Southern California, Chicago , Georgia, South Carolina and Texas. For some reason in my area the dealers love the cars more than the buyers do.Smiley LOL

So this forced me to look well outside of my area. And if I could save several thousand dollars. It was more than worth it for me to fly out, buy the vehicle and drive it home. The plane ticket using my trusty Delta Skymiles cost me less than $6. Two tank refills, lunch and a dinner stop got me back home.

And  you are correct. It was another .50% using the USAA car buyer service(basically true car) on top of the .25% for autopay. Even though I had already made the deal on the car before I realized the wholesaler was a certified USAA auto dealer. Or before I had even decided to use USAA. 

I had preapprovals from Penfed, Redstone and Capital One as well. Penfed would have been my 2nd choice. With only a day or two left before I was scheduled to fly out and pick it up. USAA was the easiest to deal with and the fastest. Absolutely no paperwork on my end as everything was done virtually.

No hunting down copies of titles from dealers or mailing or faxing in anything. Basically a 10 minutes at most, point and shoot ..I was done.

And didn't have to talk to a single soul. Love it!

Thank you for sharing this!

1. The process turned out very nice for you.  I am happy to have read this.
  2. Chicago , Georgia, South Carolina and Texas. For some reason in my area the dealers love the cars more than the buyers do.Smiley LOL - this is just hilarious 😂
  3. The interactions with AOD... (🤔) 🤐I do not want to be harsh here.  Let's give them time to adjust to the influx of new members (and family member) joining after the introduction of the Visa Signature card 🤞
  4. Again,  enjoy the new-to-you (recently, keys yanked from the hands of a dealer😩) ride !
Message 14 of 19
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Credit4Growth 

Yeah, I'll give them break. Lol

Chances are I won't ever use them for a auto loan. Still love the 3% card though.😉

Message 15 of 19
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Gmood1 Congrats!  Whew, that is one nice looking rig.  That bad boy is as sharp as tack!  Congrats again!!!

Message 16 of 19
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Thanks @Loquat !

Now if only I could figure out how to afford the Quadrifoglia. Along with the speeding tickets, that would eventually come with it! 😆😆

Message 17 of 19
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Gmood1 Hahahahaha.  I hear ya.  I have the Uniden R3 radar detector in my 392 Scat Pack and I have the R7 in my Hellcat.  I refuse to drive either car without it.  LOL!  Let me know when you figure out how to afford the Quadrifoglia as I'm sure I could apply that in efforts to figure out how to get the Deamon in my garage.  LOL!

But congrats again on your new purchase.  The wheels and color really sets it apart.  

Message 18 of 19
Gmood1
Super Contributor

😂😂😂😂

Maybe it's time for me to invest in one of those radar detectors!🤔

Thanks again my friend!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.