Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbelievable - 822 Credit score and TD for auto loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unbelievable - 822 Credit score and TD for auto loan

If I didn't have the Adverse Action letter in my hand, I wouldn't believe it - My score is 822, I have ZERO debt and I am putting more than 50% down and US bank sent me an Adverse Action letter.00000001.JPG

10 REPLIES 10
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Unbelievable - 822 Credit score and TD for auto loan

You could get a better rate elsewhere. 

As much as I like US bank for certain products.

Credit Unions normally give better auto loan rates without the hoop jumping.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

I don't know what their rate is - the Adverse Action letter doesn't say. They apparently decided that an 822 with no debt and 50% down isn't good enough. What did Will Rigers say? "A banker is a guy who will lend you money when you can prove you don't need it." To that I add "sometimes."

Message 3 of 11
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

I don't know what their rate is - the Adverse Action letter doesn't say. They apparently decided that an 822 with no debt and 50% down isn't good enough. What did Will Rigers say? "A banker is a guy who will lend you money when you can prove you don't need it." To that I add "sometimes."

😆😆😆😆😆

Per their website 3.09% is the best rate at 36 months. So the rate just goes up from there.

I know of several I'm a member of  under 2% for 36 months.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

😆😆😆😆😆

Per their website 3.09% is the best rate at 36 months. So the rate just goes up from there.

I don't know what my credit union charged for auto loans - I refuse to have my assets and liabilities in the same bank. I guess when I hear from the dealer about the financing falling through I will simply bring my checkbook and pay the car off. I only owe $12,000 which is less than half of the cost.

Message 5 of 11
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

😆😆😆😆😆

I don't know what my credit union charged for auto loans - I refuse to have my assets and liabilities in the same bank. I guess when I hear from the dealer about the financing falling through I will simply bring my checkbook and pay the car off. I only owe $12,000 which is less than half of the cost.

Might be time to add another credit union then.

It may save you a little money, but paying cash doesn't strengthen your credit profile.

I normally put half down on the vehicles I finance as well.

I like small auto payments, when I have to have one. lol

It's good to shop around for auto loans. Not apply, just check the rates.

Message 6 of 11
iced
Valued Contributor

I seemed to have missed something. This just looks like the standard "we did a hard pull and are letting you know the score" letter. I get one of these every time I pre-qualified for a mortgage or similar.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The adverse action letter doesn't necessarily they declined you, if they counter the dealer's request whatsoever they are obligated to send you an AA letter. For example if the dealer submitted the deal at 72 month's and US Bank counter's at 66 month's, you will get a letter.

In addition, although I doubt it due to your scores, if you have a BK on your file even if it's from 7 year's ago it is an automatic denial from US bank. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No BK on my records. US Bank was not a dealer finance, it was looking on my own.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see, did a US bank rep specifically tell you, that you were denied? The letter you posted is not an Adverse Action letter unless I am missing something. That letter is a risk-based-pricing disclosure, basically stating your score and how you stack up against the rest of the US population in terms of creditworthiness. Has nothing to do with an approval/denial just simply a letter generated by US bank to tell you what your score was when they inquired with the credit bureau. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.