cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent!!! Uber Drivers- how do you prove income while applying for an auto loan?

tag
mrinal
New Contributor

Urgent!!! Uber Drivers- how do you prove income while applying for an auto loan?

Hi,

I work for Uber, DoorDash, GrubHub etc. Recently I applied for an auto loan in a credit union. They are asking for either paystubs or income tax return documents. But I receive payments from these companies as a direct deposit into my bank account. Also I have been working for these companies for only 4 months. That's why in my recent income tax return, there was no way for me to include these income. In this case how will I give proof of income to the credit union? Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
isik
Regular Contributor

Re: Urgent!!! Uber Drivers- how do you prove income while applying for an auto loan?

Bank statements. 

Personal:

Business:

FICO 8:
Message 2 of 7
GatoradeZeroGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: Urgent!!! Uber Drivers- how do you prove income while applying for an auto loan?

@mrinal wrote:

Hi,

I work for Uber, DoorDash, GrubHub etc. Recently I applied for an auto loan in a credit union. They are asking for either paystubs or income tax return documents. But I receive payments from these companies as a direct deposit into my bank account. Also I have been working for these companies for only 4 months. That's why in my recent income tax return, there was no way for me to include these income. In this case how will I give proof of income to the credit union? Thanks.

Uber Payment Statements 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

1/6, 5/12, 12/24

Message 3 of 7
mrinal
New Contributor

@isik wrote:

Bank statements. 

Could you please tell me which banks and credit unions take bank statements as proof of income?

Message 4 of 7
GatoradeZeroGuy
Valued Contributor

@mrinal wrote:

@isik wrote:

Bank statements. 

Could you please tell me which banks and credit unions take bank statements as proof of income?

just ask them, just because they asked for one thing doesn't mean they won't accept another thing

hey,

I've been working a total of x months, I have bank statements and payment statements of my self-employed work I can show, but I have not filed a tax return as of yet, would bank statements and payment statements from uber/grubhub etc be acceptable? 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

1/6, 5/12, 12/24

Message 5 of 7
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

With the 'Urgent!!!', I thought the OP was literally at the dealer and they were threatening to sell his perfect Rovente Red color, pinstriped Fiat 500 to another customer if he didn't instantly produce proof of income!  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 6 of 7
Hex
Valued Contributor

Probably urgent because without a dependable vehicle you can't do the type of work that the OP does. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.