Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful Info -- Volvo Captive Lender

tag
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

Useful Info -- Volvo Captive Lender

I'm station wagon shopping and spent my evening trying to get out of Audi which Score model(s) they use, which CRA(s) they pull, and what the score threshold is to qualify for the dealer incentive rates (they aren't having any right now but I'm in pre-prep mode and no doubt they'll have one during the summer or fall).

Anway, trying to get such information out of Audi was like pulling teeth.  All I got was one idiot after the next who was either actually stupid or was just playing stupid to get me to come in.  "You know, that information will take a lot of research.  Why don't you give us your name and number and we'll call you back with that."  

Dealer, please.  

Volvo on the other hand was low maintenance.  The first finance manager I spoke to was easy as pie.

So, Volvo pulls Experian and uses both the Auto Enhanced 2 and the 8.  The score threshold is 740 for both models.  DTI must be under 30%.  

Anyway, I hope that's useful for any Volvo shoppers out there.  Right now they're doing a nice 2.9% for 60 months and a 1,000 bonus.  

I'm going to try those shifty bastards at Audi again tomorow morning.

Thoughts and prayers, people...thoughts and prayers.  Smiley Wink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Useful Info -- Volvo Captive Lender

Defiantely good info.  Thanks for sharing.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get any further with Audi??
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
Did you get any further with Audi??

@Anonymous, I am curious also haha.  OP, can you update the thread when you have a moment?

Message 4 of 11
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

FYI to all curious parties: I've posted this in here a couple of times, but repetition makes the seach function works better Smiley Happy

Audi, aka VW Credit is a triple puller, and pulls the following scoring models:

EQ Beacon 05

EX Auto 03

TU Auto 04

Message 5 of 11
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

Hey Guys.  No, I didn't get anywhere with Audi.  Though I spoke with 3 finance managers who seemed helpful, each gave me contradictory information.  One said Experian only, Auto 2, 750+, DTI didn't matter.  Another said all 3 Auto plus all 3 Classic 8's, no minimum score, DTI is on a case by case basis.  Last one said all 3 are only pulled if they pull one and it's borderline but he didn't know which was was pulled first (he seemed to think it was random) nor did he know which models they used.  DTI under 40%, score over 760.  

So there ya go... Dealing with Audi was an eye-rolling, frustrating experience.

Oh, and I contacted 2 additional Volvo dealers to see if I was going to get the run around or different information -- heck, maybe the first guy was an anomaly -- but nope.  3 dealers, 3 identical sets of information, 3 equally forthcoming finance managers.  

I'm at the point where if I like both station wagons even roughly the same I'm going with the Volvo for not being a pain in my butt!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 6 of 11
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

@DeeBee78wrote:

FYI to all curious parties: I've posted this in here a couple of times, but repetition makes the seach function works better Smiley Happy

EQ Beacon 05

EX Auto 03

TU Auto 04

Thanks for re-posting.  Where did you get this information?

EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 7 of 11
steele
Established Member

Message 8 of 11
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Asilomarwrote:

@DeeBee78wrote:

EQ Beacon 05

EX Auto 03

TU Auto 04

The paperwork I signed when I purchased both of my Audi's. 

Message 9 of 11
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

@DeeBee78wrote:

@Asilomarwrote:

@DeeBee78wrote:

EQ Beacon 05

EX Auto 03

TU Auto 04

The paperwork I signed when I purchased both of my Audi's. 

Oooh, thank you.  That's iron clad.  I don't suppose you bought your cars on any kind of dealer incentive rate, did you?

EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.