Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VW Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VW Credit

@hunter399 wrote:

If you KNOW your credit is a-tier, demand that the dealer not run your credit, and submit direct to the factory bank. 

dealerships are required to establish the identity of everyone they do business with, otherwise they face substantial fines and penalties. The Easiest and most common way to do this is to run a customer's credit.

if you do not feel that is "right" please lobby your elected representatives.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hunter399 wrote:

@4sarahg wrote:

In response to your message, I have not updated my FICO Challenge scores but here is some info.  VW creditors only pull your  Transunion score for the loan.  As of last week my score is in the 700's but this I know for sure is that you need a 700 or higher in order to qualify for a 0% interest loan.  If and when you are ready to purchase a vehicle check your scores ahead of time and ask the salesman which one they use to check your credit if  TU EXP or EQ.  Good luck with your endeavors.

This is slightly misleading ....... 

When buying a car, you will usually have your credit pulled twice. This practice is used by the dealer as a negotiating tool. 

1) DEALERSHIP runs your credit, usually pulls all 3, with scores. 

2) LENDER will then pull your credit AGAIN. Each lender the dealer submits too will probably also pull your report(s). 

If you KNOW your credit is a-tier, demand that the dealer not run your credit, and submit direct to the factory bank. 

Also to add: Auto Finance Companies usually use an AUTO ENHANCED score, that has different factors in the equation and uses different risk modeling. That score is not for sale to the general public and is NOT the FICO score you can buy here.

Each Score pull costs the dealership money, most pull from the bureau they think will be the best fit for you, and then pull another if appropriate.

Message 12 of 14
4sarahg

Thanks USMC, I have read almost all your other posts and you are very knowledgeable thanks for your input

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 678
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, you are very kind.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.