cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vehicle destroyed during Jefferson City Tornado, weird addition to credit report...help?

tag
Talonwildstar
Frequent Contributor

Vehicle destroyed during Jefferson City Tornado, weird addition to credit report...help?

Ok, my ex wife lost her home and both vehicles, during the tornado 3 days ago... I drove from NJ to help her get a car I have good credit... I applied for A loan and got denied ... because equifax somehow the day before added a new employer to my credit report ... I have been at same job since 2011... the “new employer” they added was a job I worked at for less than one month in 1984. That’s right over 35 years ago .... but got denied because I haven’t been at th “new job”  long enough **bleep**.... she needed help now... equifax says it will take a month to fix I am beyond pissed!

im not asking for any financial help or donation, just help in understanding how that could have happened. I have not had any new credit or applied for any loan since last year. Just crazy it was suddenly added to report! As a new job unreal

AmEx BCE 20k | PNC visa 10k | Synchrony 2% MC 9.3k | LLBean Citi MC 6k | PNC points signature visa 15k | CapOne QS1 1.8.k | Citi DC. 7.750k | Discover it. 7k | Am Ex Gold | Kohl’s. $3k | Amazon Store. 10k | Overstock. 13.6k | Boscovs. 14k | Best Buy S.C. 2.8k | Home Depot 2k | Total CL 149,000 | PNC personal loan 7500 down to 6200 | Oldest credit 4yr 8 months , newest 1/2020 | *1% card utilization only 1 inquiry on Experian 0 on others

As of 05/03/22
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Vehicle destroyed during Jefferson City Tornado, weird addition to credit report...help?

File a complaint with the CFPB against EQ, also with your State Attorney General.

Message 2 of 4
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Vehicle destroyed during Jefferson City Tornado, weird addition to credit report...help?

Apply for a car loan with a lender that doesn't pull Equifax? Should be plenty of them.

Message 3 of 4
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

I financed my car through TD Bank. They used Experian...

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.