cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vehicle loan approval with husbands income without him cosigning?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vehicle loan approval with husbands income without him cosigning?

Looking for a place I can get approved for a vehicle loan or personal loan with my husband's income of 100+k without them pulling his score or making him cosign? Is there such a place? I'm an independent contractor looking for a way to get approved for 10-20k with his income since I haven't filed taxes yet. But his score is trash so we can't use his score or pull his reports. We share a vehicle that is paid off and are really needing another car.
My fico is 630.
Please help!
6 REPLIES 6
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Vehicle loan approval with husbands income without him cosigning?

@Anonymous wrote:
Looking for a place I can get approved for a vehicle loan or personal loan with my husband's income of 100+k without them pulling his score or making him cosign? Is there such a place? I'm an independent contractor looking for a way to get approved for 10-20k with his income since I haven't filed taxes yet. But his score is trash so we can't use his score or pull his reports. We share a vehicle that is paid off and are really needing another car.
My fico is 630.
Please help!

If you are relying on his income, you will also have to rely on his credit, don't think there is anyway around this.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it depends on your state, but you can try Capital One Auto Navigator.  I was able to use household income for both vehicle loans.

Good Luck.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Thank you will that be a SP or HP and do you know which bureau they pull?

Edit** I'm in Texas if that helps.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting pre-qualified is a SP but HP if you decide to go for it will be all 3.

Message 5 of 7
sccredit
Valued Contributor

If financing through a dealership they'll put the higher score applicant on line 1 and lower on 2.  Normally the loan is priced off of the higher score.  This would allow you to use your credit and his income.  

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

With a 630 credit score unfortunately you both have poor credit not just him. In the future if you improve your score in most cases you will not be asked for proof of income.  I am a small dealer and get people approved with two bank statements. Most banks I deal with will take the last two months of money deposited into the checking account and average those statements to calculate income. Never need a tax return.

Example month 1 $10,000  + Month 2 $13,000 = $23,000 . Divide $23,000  by two and you have a income of $11,500 a month

If you have a joint account they would take the amount you both put in, average it and divide by two.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.