Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voluntary Repo - Need advice for an atypical situation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Voluntary Repo - Need advice for an atypical situation

There was a clause in the insurance agreement that didn't have anything to do with having full coverage, at least what California considers full coverage. see link below

link to their exclusions

as I said before, the car was never late with a payment, at least not more than a day or two.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

i thought so too but after reading more about gap, i thought it was meant to cover only AFTER the insurance approves the claim and sends you the leasing company the money?

Message 12 of 15
6speed8
Regular Contributor

It's been 10 years since my one and only leased vehicle but I'm still at a loss with your situation. I thought your insurance covers the loss of the vehicle and the GAP insurance covers your contract liability - say there's 20 months left on the lease, GAP pays that off as well as the lost value of the vehicle. Am I wrong?

CH 7 Discharged 6/10/15
T/U - 643
EQ - 588
Ex - 647 as of 6/14/15
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@6speed8: my insurance won't cover the loss due to the exclusions on the policy (drinking and driving) and vw gap won't kick in until my car insurance does, but its not going to, so it won't even bother kicking in...

vw gap booklet

@6speed8 wrote:

It's been 10 years since my one and only leased vehicle but I'm still at a loss with your situation. I thought your insurance covers the loss of the vehicle and the GAP insurance covers your contract liability - say there's 20 months left on the lease, GAP pays that off as well as the lost value of the vehicle. Am I wrong?

Message 14 of 15
6speed8
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@6speed8: my insurance won't cover the loss due to the exclusions on the policy (drinking and driving) and vw gap won't kick in until my car insurance does, but its not going to, so it won't even bother kicking in...

vw gap booklet

@6speed8 wrote:

I'm speculating with what you just wrote. If your insurance will not cover the "dui" situation and GAP will not kick in unless your insurance does, then VW is probably looking at the Jetta as a complete loss. Sounds like they're kinda doing you a favor by listing is as a "voluntary repo". They'll auction the car off same as any repo then send you a bill for the difference in the car's value. Mind you that most every lease is underwritten by the finance company so they're making out twice. Their own insurance will pay them the difference on the residual value AND send you a bill for the auction proceeds vs the value of the car. Sucks...

CH 7 Discharged 6/10/15
T/U - 643
EQ - 588
Ex - 647 as of 6/14/15
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.