Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WFDS just now pulled my credit

tag
alexak
Regular Contributor

WFDS just now pulled my credit

I purchased a car on Jan 18 and was told I was told I was approved for a loan through Wells Fargo Dealer Services. Signed the papers and was on my way. Got a call a week later saying they needed my most recent pay stub... So I sent it to them. Then today I get an alert that WFDS pulled my credit on Feb 6? I have a pull from them on 1/14 as well... Why is this? Should I dispute the inquiry?

I also still haven't received my welcome packet or any sort of letter from Wells Fargo.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: WFDS just now pulled my credit

Sounds like they are taking their time with finalizing the loan;  no idea why it would take them this long.    I don't think that you have grounds to dispute the inquiry though.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
alexak
Regular Contributor

Right. I'm just curious why they would pull twice? I ended up putting more down than I originally had indicated, does that mean the dealer had to push through a new application?
Message 3 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Maybe, or perhaps since the original inquiry was ~2 weeks old they needed a fresh pull.   You could call them and perhaps get some answers...

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 5
inkedstl

WFDS is a shady group. You would think with it being wells fargo they would have their act together... nope... i reaffirmed a loan with them in my BK. lawyer sent paperwork over and they kept screwing around with stuff needing one more thing and one more thing til the BK was closed and the reaff was not finalized so they reported wrote off in BK even though i paid the loan in full. they double dipped into write offs. 

CH 7 discharged 7/13 EQ 545 TU 528
7/3/14 EQ 638
TU via Cred1 611, TU 688
EX 668
CK 638
barclay FICO 637
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.