Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Auto Loan with 590 FICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo Auto Loan with 590 FICO

Hello all,

New to the forum, I have been rebuilding my credit for a few months now and my FICO has gone up to 590 so far. I wanted to know if I can get approved for a auto loan through Wells Fargo. Trying to get a loan for 11,000. Zero down. I have been employed for one year, and have a monthly income of 2000. I laso have been at my same address for a full year.  I pay around 700 a month for all my bills. I currently bank at wells fargo with a checking acct, savings, and secured CC with 300.00 Limit. I keep my ratio under 30% with the cc and have payed on time since I got the CC 6 months ago. Does anyone think I will qualify. Im trying to get either a private seller or dealership.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wells Fargo Auto Loan with 590 FICO

Can't say for sure, but WF Dealer Services (which may be different than their straight consumer lending side, I honestly don't know) is historically known to deal with folks in your (or my) subprime FICO ranges, even recently... my current auto loan is through them.  It's certainly possible though it will likely be double-digit in the 15-20% range for an APR.

        
Message 2 of 24
Tischer712
Regular Contributor

I was denied with Wells Fargo recently for an autoloan. They told me I had too many inquries lately (4) and too recent of a derogatory remark (Repo that reports late monthly). Super stressful because I have 673 credit score through them. 

Starting Score: myFico Scores Equifax 544 Transunion 585
Current Score: myFico Scores Equifax 655 Transunion 663 Experian 645
Goal Score: 700 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the responses guys, after reading more on the forums Id like to add a few things. I do have two collections that need to be paid. One for 900.00 and the other for 173. Im payingthe 173 next week. Will the 900 one affect me that much? Also I was a cosigner on a previous auto loan. I paid on time every month for five yrs up till the last few months when I lost my job. Its now payed off but there are a few lates at the end of the loan. That was about two years ago. I did recently send a goodwill letter to the finance comany but have yet to hear from them. Will that affect anything as well?

Message 4 of 24
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

If you can afford to pay them then I'd do so.  That will be looked at by the underwriters... it may not help your score any, but for certain a paid collection is better than an unpaid one from any lender's perspective.

        
Message 5 of 24
mrcrush20
New Contributor

WFDS can and will dip to the under 600 subprime from time to time

but to do so the structure of the loan must be favorbale to them and you 

the zero down is ok if you are buying the car at 11k and will owe 12.5 K and the car is worth 14K

you need to better the look of the loan to get approved by them

question why WFDS ?

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells fargo dealer srvices took over wokovia dealer services a while back and I have had nothing but problems with this bank since,

I would look for a better institution myself..

Just my 2 cents worth..

Message 7 of 24
mdennis42

Hi-

I'm new to the boards and have been reading for a couple months but this is my first time posting!  I wanted to share my story:

I have been car shopping for 2 months, I have a BK chap 7 (discharged 10/11) I've heard stories that after a BK auto loans and credit cards are basically beating down your door, well not mine Smiley Indifferent  I filled out a couple of apps for store cards right after my discharge and was turned down for each one, I went to Carmax and applied for a car and was denied (I think it was due to low scores and putting no money down in my app) I then applied for Roadloans and was approved but couldn't come up with the downpayment in time so the offer expired, when I reapplied for Roadloans, I was denied!!!     I decided to order my credit reports in Jan thru Experian and these were the scores I was given: EX 541 / EQ 567 / TU 600, I signed up for Experian's credit monitoring service and didn't apply for anything for 3 months, I also disputed a lot of things that weren't reported correctly after the BK and updated my address & employer info.  There were 2 addresses on my report that didn't belong to me ever so I added a consumer statement.

With Experian you are given a statement montly and a new report every 90 days so in March when I went to refresh my report, the site wouldn't let me, I spent hours on the phone with customer service and was told I didn't have a credit report...say word???  I was being told that when my ss number was ran, NOTHING came up.  I explained that #1 I am 42years old and have used credit since I was 18 or so and that I ran my report in June 2011 before my BK and again in Jan 2012 with no issues.

When I got notices my disputes were done, I tried applying for credit again...nada, turned down for everything.  Mid- April I decided to car hunt again, I went online and searched "bad credit auto loans" and ended up applying with Auto Credit Express, I dealt with Ford, I was looking for a used Jetta and they had a couple on their lot, long story short it was a horrific experience, they never kept their word and played lots of games, ultimately I was approved for 14k thru one of the subprime banks they deal with, they wanted 5k down and an APR of 25%, and my payments would have been $320 on a 2009 Ford Escape, I almost took the deal b/c I know my credit scores were low but because of some other incidents dealing with their sales people I walked away.  Now to the good part-

I decided to just find  VW dealer since I wanted a 2009 or above Jetta SE, I was scared to apply with VW because I thought I wouldn't meet their credit requirements, I went down, test drove and told the salesman all of my credit woes before applying, he submitted me for a 3 year lease thru VW but I was declined, they stated I had to either have a co-signer or a significant downpayment (I told them I could do 3k but they wanted at least 6) so the salesman said he would try some of their other lenders as a purchase loan not lease, Wells Fargo approved me for 14k with 3k down, my payments are $350.76 and my APR is 16.9 %, I was floored, approved for the same amount as the Ford folks but with a better APR and less $ down!!!  VW gave me a copy of my credit results and they were: EQ 526 / TU 517 / Experian unknown.

I want to point out that I went to a couple different dealerships and was told without at least 5-6k  down they couldn't help me, I also received denial letters from Wells Fargo (3, one from Ford, one from Hyundai and one myself applying as a consumer) this last time around I got a call from Wells to verify some info and I asked him about the 3 denials and he said he too was having issues running my credit that with Experian and TRW it came up blank, zero score, no tradelines, no nothing not even the BK...he thought maybe it was because of the disputes (I did online disputes with EQ & TU but EX would not let me, I had to request report by mail and am still waiting)   He also said a lot of times the approval depends on the banks relationship with certain dealers.  I'm not sure what's going on, maybe there was fraud, maybe my disputes but there is some issue with me and Experian and I can't wait to fig it out.

I know this was long, hopefully it made sense, lastly I want to say as a last ditch effort I applied for the Capital One secured card and kept getting a letter every 2 weeks or so saying I needed to send in documents verifying my identity, I did but the letters kept coming so finally I called, 3 weeks later I got a card in the mail for an unsecured card with a $300 limit and enrolled in the credit steps program.  I am not applying for any more credit for the remainder of the year, gonna keep this auto loan paid on time and my capital one and hopefully Experian gets itself together in the interim.

I hope this helped someone!  Lastly, I have been on my job 18mos and have a monthly income of about $4, 000.

Message 8 of 24
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

Wells Fargo has been great to me for the past 2 auto loans, with rebuilding type credit on my end.  My credit scores at the time were around 619-636 FICO. Wells Fargo pulled Experian which was 627 back in March.  My latest auto loan is @ 9.7% through them.  Only one other bank would approve me at the time, and they wanted 12.9%.  I pay on time a week or more before the payment is due, and it reflects the way it should on their site and my bank.  I must add, I also have 4 old derogatories from 5 years ago on my credit file, that are unpaid, bt my last 12 months of credit history are pristine due to acquiring 4 new CC accounts and paying on time.

BTW, the worst thing anyone can do when acquiring an auto loan, is putting little to no money down.  Remember that......... 

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 24
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

How much should one put down on average with bad credit scores (534-560)

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.