Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Dealer Services

tag
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

Wells Fargo Dealer Services

Has anyone ever dealt with WFDS? If so, is it me, or is their service lacking? They recently moved their website to the regular Wells Fargo website. However, if you want to make a interest only payment, it will not allow you to do it online. This is something I thought they would have resolved during the transition. I called this morning to make a $4K principal only payment and when I followed up this afternoon, the CS rep told me 3 regular payments will be made and the rest towards principal. Huh? That means only $2K would have gone towards principal. Luckily I made it clear to her what I wanted and she supposedly corrected it. I'll follow up again on Monday just to make sure. Anyone else have a car loan with them and if so, what's been your experience?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Dealer Services

I have had 3 different car loans with WFDS (one started as Wachovia Dealer Services and then became Wells). Never an issue but website was archaic. Haven't dealt with them in 8 or so years. I once had a loan with Wells Fargo Financial as well and the systems there were just starting to come online but that was a mess. 

Message 2 of 3
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Dealer Services

@sccredit wrote:

I have had 3 different car loans with WFDS (one started as Wachovia Dealer Services and then became Wells). Never an issue but website was archaic. Haven't dealt with them in 8 or so years. I once had a loan with Wells Fargo Financial as well and the systems there were just starting to come online but that was a mess. 

Hello sccredit,

"Archaic" is a good choice of words. They just seem to be behind the curve compared to other financial institutions. Their system seems remedial at best. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.