cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the best chances to get approved per financing at the dealership??Kia--Honda--Toyota--Mazda

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are the best chances to get approved per financing at the dealership??Kia--Honda--Toyota--M

You don't need a 700 credit score to get a good APR.  Join Penfed, DCU, NFCU or a good local credit union and with a 640 you should be able to get a 4% APR pretty easily, of course scores are not the only factor so AAOA, DTI ratio etc are factors.  Lenders are tighting up a little bit but your scores should be good enough to get a decent APR, just don't walk into a dealership without a preapproval because as others have stated they will likely take advantage of you. 

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are the best chances to get approved per financing at the dealership??Kia--Honda--Toyota--M

+1
As I mentioned earlier auto loans aren't THAT difficult to get...in and of themselves....one has to decide, how much % they are willing to pay...

If the American public waited till everyone had a 700...I'd bet 50% or more wouldn't be driving a car ..again I'm not saying what they should do or what's best but there is NO way that a 700 FICO is near the breakpoint to an auto loan.

And quite honestly for many 618 vs 639 actually can be a fairly decent difference... some programs/tiers absolutely might internally be 620 or 625 or being right near 640 (along with strong DTI or strong employment or a bit extra down to overcome a single point etc) 'could' again absolutely make a difference.

Again, not judging whether or not one should or shouldn't finance a car based on their financial situation or if it's the most prudent yada yada ... that's another story but whether or not one can get a loan 639 per se IMO is a fairly better position than 618.

But let's be clear ppl get auto loans ALL DAY with sub 700 FICO score, one can secure very decent rates in the high 600's w/o a DOUBT....

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.