cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What banks/lenders are known to pull "auto enhanced"?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What banks/lenders are known to pull "auto enhanced"?

I just read this thread.  A couple of things, with a credit score like yours, you aren't going to be the primary borrower on a loan with a person with better credit.  You'll be on the loan, but you will not be the primary.  But, looking at credit, it will just say joint on the credit report.  So, it doesn't matter.  

Second, YOU WILL NOT BE rolling $7K of negative equity into a used car of that type.  No bank is going to finance that deal.  I am being upfront and honest, will not happen.  I say this because, you have a person with substandard credit attempting to finace a used car and tack on $7k in negative equity to the vehicle, not a good risk for the lender. 

As for the Auto Enhanced score, yeah, you've paid your auto loan on time and that is good, but your overall credit profile is bad.  And no amount of lipstick is gonna turn that pig into a Prince.   I would suggest the focus move to repairing your credit, drive that car into the ground (literally) and move on when you are at a better credit position. 

Message 11 of 12
reereetx
Contributor

Re: What banks/lenders are known to pull "auto enhanced"?

@Anonymous wrote:

I just read this thread.  A couple of things, with a credit score like yours, you aren't going to be the primary borrower on a loan with a person with better credit.  You'll be on the loan, but you will not be the primary.  But, looking at credit, it will just say joint on the credit report.  So, it doesn't matter.  

Second, YOU WILL NOT BE rolling $7K of negative equity into a used car of that type.  No bank is going to finance that deal.  I am being upfront and honest, will not happen.  I say this because, you have a person with substandard credit attempting to finace a used car and tack on $7k in negative equity to the vehicle, not a good risk for the lender. 

As for the Auto Enhanced score, yeah, you've paid your auto loan on time and that is good, but your overall credit profile is bad.  And no amount of lipstick is gonna turn that pig into a Prince.   I would suggest the focus move to repairing your credit, drive that car into the ground (literally) and move on when you are at a better credit position. 

That is exactly what I've already summed up and decided to do.  Buying a different car was not something I "needed" to do anyways.  What I drive now is fine as far as a good vehicle that still runs good and gets me where I need to be.  We just wanted something a little bit "bigger" but it's ok.  I'm fine with just continuing to pay for what I have.  I have some money coming to me soon.  Not a whole lot but it'll help me to pay off some credit card debt and baddies that I have.  It'll all work out!  Thanks for all the advice!

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.