Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What finance company is more lenient?

tag
MichaelWoodland
Established Member

What finance company is more lenient?

Before I do a hard pull trying to decide if I should go BMW or MercedesBenz for my car

650 credit score 1 year post discharge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: What finance company is more lenient?

Both of them can finance whomever they want. I've seen people with much lower scores get financed by both. Doubt the BK will be a problem.

Message 2 of 4
MichaelWoodland
Established Member

That’s good to know trying to decide between a 7 series and an S class
Message 3 of 4
Openwater
Established Contributor

My first choice would be to go with a credit union if you are a member of one. If you don't have an established relationship with one, I had friends which used Captial One if you were looking for pre-approved before you walked into the dealership. 

If you are ok with the credit hits that you will take, which there may be several. The finance person at the dealership will give you various options of different approvals. 

Worst case scenario, you can take what they give you at the dealership, then refinance with a credit union in 3-12 months. 

If you go with the dealer option and they give you the choice between a bank (Chase, Cap 1, etc.) vs BMW fincancial services (or MB) go with the bank. The auto financials are considered CFA. Thats all I have for you. Hope it helps. Cheers!

Discover 22K ---------------------------- Credit Union MC 17K
Cap1 QS 11K ---------------------------- Barclay 3.4K
AMEX Blue Cash AU 15.5K ------ Barclay Apple AU 10K
AMEX BCP 15K
1 Installment loans:
Auto 60K /

AMEX Hilton Aspire 25K
Vantage 3.0: TU:738 EQ: 737 03-17-2020
Ch. 7 DC 12/2014
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.