Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens after a lease finishes?

tag
Creditdummy123
Established Member

What happens after a lease finishes?

Hey guys curious to know... I had a lease with Chase for my Subaru. During that time, I was laid off and missed a few payments (7 to be exact). I was never 60 days late, it was just took me a little bit to catch up but I was up to day with my payments and was able to complete the lease on time and in full. Tried a couple of good will letters and explained my situation but they told me there was nothing they can do.

Long story short. I turned that car in and ended up getting another one with them again with Chase. Two payments in, I check credit karma and there is no history of my old loan or missed payments. I know is credit karma and its not the most accurate thing out there but... When a lease is up does it go away if satisfied in full on time??

2 REPLIES 2
ooeemusic
Established Member

Re: What happens after a lease finishes?

@Creditdummy123 wrote:

Hey guys curious to know... I had a lease with Chase for my Subaru. During that time, I was laid off and missed a few payments (7 to be exact). I was never 60 days late, it was just took me a little bit to catch up but I was up to day with my payments and was able to complete the lease on time and in full. Tried a couple of good will letters and explained my situation but they told me there was nothing they can do.

Long story short. I turned that car in and ended up getting another one with them again with Chase. Two payments in, I check credit karma and there is no history of my old loan or missed payments. I know is credit karma and its not the most accurate thing out there but... When a lease is up does it go away if satisfied in full on time??

My previous leases are listed on my report as closed installment loans that were paid in full. On credit karma, they don't disappear, they just go into the "closed" column.

Message 2 of 3
Creditdummy123
Established Member

Re: What happens after a lease finishes?

You are correct I see that now. I was hopeing it showed paid in full (which it does) but not show the detail of the late payments (which it does) Smiley Sad Oh well, over time it should fall off... 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.