cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What interest rate can we expect for a used car with a TU Fico of 710?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

What interest rate can we expect for a used car with a TU Fico of 710?

What interest rate can we expect for a used car with TU Fico scores of 710?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What interest rate can we expect for a used car with a TU Fico of 710?

Used car-
I would leverage the relationship with you CU (I am sure you have  one) that is where you are going to ge the best rate-

Most CU's don't use TU though-
Message 2 of 8
marty56
Super Contributor

Security Service FCU pulled TU in Texas for my  new car loan.  Also National City pulled TU when I got my Visa card with them and they also do auto loans.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 8
SCF
Valued Contributor

Security Service FCU also pulled TU on me and my parents (needed a cosigner, when you only make $10k a year its hard to buy a car that constitutes a reasonable amount of your income in almost anyone's eyes!) and I was in Montana and they were in Colorado at the time. On the whole I'm fond of SSFCU, don't remember membership requirements though, I've had a share account with them through my parents since they moved to Colorado before I was born.
Message 4 of 8
marty56
Super Contributor

I am in in San Antonio and I dont think they have any membership requirements.

I have been a member over 18 years and I have had no problems with them.  They seem to be conservative in lending (I suspect most CU's are).
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 8
jsk300
Regular Contributor

concorduser wrote:
What interest rate can we expect for a used car with TU Fico scores of 710?

This credit union I am looking at cost $5 to join, and they have New/Used care loan rates from 4.99% to 13.99%, based on TU score.  Your TU score of 710 would get you a rate of 5.99% from this credit union I'm about to jump on, seeing as I want to purchase a new car in a month or so due to my current lease expiring.  My current TU score of 644 would get me at a rate of 9.90%, but if I get over 650 by next month, the rate would drop to 7.24%.
TU 673 EX (720 Credit score) EQ 690 (08/2009)
TU 698 EQ 697 EX ?? (07/2010)
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in san antonio and just got approval for a used motorcycle loan at 4.74% with a 680 credit score. That rate and be further reduced to 4.49 with auto debit of the payment. It is through Firstmark Credit Union, and the car loans are exactly the same. I love this place! Also I am a member of Security Service, and they do have membership requirements of being in the military OR living in Bexar, Comal or another county (Medina?). I use them for all of my banking and they are great, only Firstmark is WAAAAAAAY better for loans. Oh yeah, they pull Eq exclusively.

Message Edited by Drachen on 07-22-2008 02:17 PM
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I lied, Security Service is horrible.  I was just told that even though I have my accounts hooked up for Overdraft protection (money in savings gets transferred to checking in the event of an overdraft), and even though I had more than enough in my savings to cover the $13 overdraft, that they could not guarantee that their system would transfer the money over to cover the overdraft, and thus it allowed my account to go into the negative and I was charged 3 OD fees.  I loved the courtesy comment, I felt like telling her "Oh thank you for not keeping your promises 'as a courtesy' I now feel much better about our banking relationship!"   If they can't guarantee something as simple as OD protection, it doesn't make me confident in their other services.  UGH! I do not look forward to having to transfer all my online banking, auto debit from mortgage, and my direct deposit to Firstmark, I am afraid of missing a payment somewhere.  I guess it is for the better in the long run, Firstmark has been nothing but good to me in the 9 months that I have been with them, whereas SSFCU has been on again and off again trouble in the 6 years that I have been with them. 
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.