cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What loan can I afford with my income?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What loan can I afford with my income?

If you average more than 12000 miles per year on your current vehicle then leasing isn't a good option for you. At the end of the lease you pay x amount of cents per mile over the average allocated 24K/36K varies with each make/model. Make a few road trips and those miles add up quickly as well as the charges at the end of the lease.

Message 11 of 13
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

You can always negotiate mileage into a lease agreement. On a prior lease i had 15k miles allocated/allowed. I would never recommend anyone driing greater than that mileage anyway, your insurance premiums increase and the vehicle will depreciate exponentially as well. 

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 12 of 13
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

@ngerasimatos wrote:

Its based on Net, and your credit scores play into that % as well, higher the score the more leverage they allow. Also, since you live together, you can always use combined household income.

Bumping this old thread again Smiley Happy

You can use combined household income even if we're not married?  I did not know that.  If that's the case, will they have to pull her scores?  I'm not sure what her scores are, but they are definitely lower than mine.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.