Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does a new loan report?

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

When does a new loan report?

I was approved for an auto loan a week ago. I purchashed the car that day. I don't see it on my reports yet so I'm guessing it will start reporting after the first payment due date. Is that correct? 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When does a new loan report?

I leased a car in March 2015 and it didn't show on reports until that June!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd just wait and enjoy the car.

Bought a car exactly a month ago. Nothing yet.

The previous car took about 2 months to start showing up.

Message 3 of 9
masscredit
Valued Contributor

The reason is I ask is I paid my other auto loan down to 8% from 27% before I applied for the new one. I'm hoping the new loan doesn't report until after the old one does.  I'm courious to see if I gain any point. I know they will be temperory until the new loan hits my reports. 

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 4 of 9
flan
Regular Contributor

Credit accounts (of all sorts) show up when the creditor reports them. That can be instantly (I got a credit card from BoA a few years ago. I got a "your application requires further review" screen online. 20 seconds later, I got an email from a credit monitor that I had a new account. ). More common is when you make your first payment. or second payment. Or the date the first statement cuts. But really it depends on the lender. if you call and ask, they might be able to tell you. There are probably also reports here (and elsewhere on the net) of how long it takes a given lender.
Message 5 of 9
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

In my experience it can take 1 to 3 months to show Smiley Very Happy    Typically 1-2 but I have seen some people say 3 months just be patient and Congrats on your new vehicle!   Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 9
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

It can be the next day to 3 months out. It all catches up in the end and scores level out.
Enjoy the new ride.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP - If you are still looking for DPs.

My new account started reflecting from yesterday. Bascially all my alerts fired informing me of it, prior to me checking it.

Car bought 12/28 (HP)

New account reported 02/07

Hyundai Motor Finance

TX 

Message 8 of 9
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info! I'm going to check my reports this weekend.  No alerts to tell me the loan is reporting so I should be able to see if I ganined any points from paying my first loan to under 9%. My EQ08 score gained 3 points a fews ago so it was probably from that.  Then I'll get to see what happens when the new loan starts reporting.  

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.