cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When should I refi auto loan with Santander?

tag
peanut42182
New Contributor

When should I refi auto loan with Santander?

I want to refi my auto loan should I wait a year after chapter 7 discharge? Its only been 8 1/2 months now .. My scores are EX FICO 645, TU FICO 635, EQ FICI 615..my current loan is 21,193 17% interest 63 months left..any advice is greatly appreciated
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
peanut42182
New Contributor

Re: When should I refi auto loan with Santander?

Oh I didn't mean I wanted to refi with Santander lol just refi with a better company
Message 2 of 3
Ragelog
Established Contributor

Re: When should I refi auto loan with Santander?

I guess it depends on finding a bank that will pull your best score Experian in your case. I waited until my EQ Fico got to 645 I was trying to wait until 650 but patience wore off. I had the similar terms 17641 owed 17.25% APR 61 payments remaining. I used DCU since they seemed highly recommended here and Tuesday was approved for a 1.49% 48 month loan. Which reduced my payments by 13 and $50 each month. So if you can find something similar to DCU that uses EX Fico that maybe the route to go. My other incentive to refianance was my current lendor didn't report to all 3 credit bureaus only 2 so I wanted a loan that would hit all 3 so I received credit for my timely payments as well as save on interest.

I would say if you can find someone that seems to lend at good rates that will review EX or even TU the present may be the right time. Others for DCU I would wait until your EQ Fico was at least 630 the higher the better. I feel around there they would get you in the 4-7% range.

I hope this helps.

Sam

EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.