cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Bureau Does BMW, Mercedes & Audi Use?

tag
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

Which Bureau Does BMW, Mercedes & Audi Use?

Does anyone know what they use in their financing (In Texas)? And what scores are considered "Tier 1"?  Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which Bureau Does BMW, Mercedes & Audi Use?

BMW - Priamry: Experian, depending on file - will pull TU and then EQ   (I have had 4 BMW loans, lived in TN, TX, and OH and BMW pulled Experian for me in all 3 and dealers told me same thing)

Mercedes - Primary: Transunion, Secondary: Experian   (Friend works for MB Financial out of Atlanta, their system developed to work best with TU for their internal scoring as well, secondary is Experian)

Audi - Primary: Experian, Secondary: Transunion, and sometimes Equifax for thin files. (Financed in both TX and TN, and used Experian, only pulled TU when my Experian wasnt pulling due to system errors at Experian, but they pulled Experian about 3 days after I already financed under the TU score).

Hope this helps! And most dealers will pull all 3 anyway, and the Captive Finance will do their own pull. If you do MB, Audi or BMW online, the Primary is what they will pull first.

Message 2 of 10
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

Thank you.  Any idea what each manufacturer considers "tier 1"?

Message 3 of 10

BMW normally uses Experian Auto 8. 675+ is Tier 1 from my experience. From what I remember, Audi tier 1 is 700+ Fico Auto 8 (but you can be bumped by a good finance manager) and Mercedes is Fico 9 but dealer may submit a Fico 8 to MB Financial. Usually 700+ for tier 1 but again manager can bump you higher depending on the circumstances.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

so say my experian is 740 but TU is 690 and I go to Mercedes, can i ask them to pull only experian? i got screwed by paying off a really old collection i didn't know about and it screwed up my TU score

Message 5 of 10

@Anonymous wrote:

so say my experian is 740 but TU is 690 and I go to Mercedes, can i ask them to pull only experian? i got screwed by paying off a really old collection i didn't know about and it screwed up my TU score

You could ask them to pull all three and use one of the others... They might go for it, they might not. In any event, Mercedes can definitely work with a 690 (and most likely consider it Tier 1) with an old paid collection. Also, remember that your auto enhanced score could be far higher than 690, since that formula normally favors auto history more than revolving.

Message 6 of 10
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Mercedes dealer asked what credit bureau was the best score for me before they pulled. They can be very flexible!

Message 7 of 10
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

Mercedes dealer asked what credit bureau was the best score for me before they pulled. They can be very flexible!

That's good to hear!

Message 8 of 10
CreditFun
Regular Contributor

MOD CUT - TOS Violation- For more information, please refer to our User Guidelines and our Terms of Service. -Jag73

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

just applied through a BMW dealer website and they pulled Experian and TransUnion and used the EX FICO 8 Auto

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.