Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I Qualify for a $17000 car loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will I Qualify for a $17000 car loan?

I am looking to get a 2012 Jeep Cherokee. It's $17,000. I have $2100 for a down payment, and I also have a trade in that's worth $1300. What are my chances?

Credit Score: 610.

Accounts in good standing:

CapOne: 7 months: On time payments, Never missed a payment. $400 limit, will pay 85%  of that balance next month.

First Premier: 1 year and 7 months. No lates, Never missed a payment. $300 limit, will pay that whole balance off next month.

First Premier Platinum: 4 months. No lates, Never missed a payment. $700 limit, will pay about 60% of that balance next month

Credit One: 6 months, No lates, Never missed a payment. $400 limit, will pay about 30% of that next month.

Finger Hut: 3 months, No lates, and still owe only like $269.00

Accounts in Collections:

Medical: $235.00 but its marked as paid, my insurance company took care of it. Haven't reported since 2013.

Medical: $150.00... haven't reported since 2012.

Medical: $210... haven't reported since 2013.

Sprint: $614.00, actually reported last year because I tried to dispute it and it sturred them up. Will be making small payments to get that removed.

Public Records:

Apartment Judgement that is paid in full, and is marked as paid in full from 2013.

_________________________________________________________________.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will I Qualify for a $17000 car loan?

Someone, somewhere will finance you - although probably at a very high interest rate with your scores - BUT.

You didn't mention your current income.

You'll have to overcome debt-to-income limits, including the $350ish car payment (assuming a 5 or 6 year loan with high interest on about $16k).

You have about $125-150 in minimum monthly payments for all of your five revolving accounts, and presumably rent also?

The total of all of that, plus your car payment, will need to be less than about 30% of your total monthly income to quailfy.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go on capital one auto pre qual and see if they can do it for u

Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I agree, if Cap1 has a pre qual for you, it may be worth looking into. But as the other poster said, someone would do it, but it may be at a not so nice rate.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.