cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would Chevy Finance Approve a 636 score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would Chevy Finance Approve a 636 score?

I have been rebuilding my credit and my transunion is 689 with zero collections and my equifax is 636 with $1,395 in medical collections. I have no idea what my experian score is. I have $2,000 to put down with $60k year income. Would chevy or ford finance me with 0% for 60 months? No trade in and no other debt at all. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would Chevy Finance Approve a 636 score?

You should really pull your 3B in order to get an idea of what your auto-enhanced scores are, depending on what they are and what bureau GMF pull's in your area, you may be close to qualifying for 0% (often time's your auto-enhanced can be a bit higher, and if the finance mgr request's your best bureau to be used with GMF you might get there).

Message 2 of 7
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

It depends what model/price car you are on. If you are flexible they should be able to get you done and get you a pretty good rate.

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 3 of 7
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

Even if you qualify for 0%, it might not be the best route for you to take. Everyone always sees 0% and automatically thinks its the best deal. For instance, if you're looking at a truck that has $7,000 in rebates, or 0% (you almost always give up a vast majority of the rebate money to get 0%) you'll probably be better off taking the rebates and paying nominal interest.

Or, if you're the type that trades in every 2-3 years....it would not make sense for you give up thousands of dollars in rebates to get 0% for 2-3 years. Now if it's a vehicle that has little to no rebates, then obviously 0% makes sense...just thought I'd point that out.

Someone mentioned having the finance manager send a backup bureau to GMF. In my experience, that has not worked - at least where I am at. We have to submit EQ and they will not accept TU or EX as backup. There are plenty of credit unions that will, but GMF has never done that for me.

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 4 of 7
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@JGGM wrote:

Even if you qualify for 0%, it might not be the best route for you to take. Everyone always sees 0% and automatically thinks its the best deal. For instance, if you're looking at a truck that has $7,000 in rebates, or 0% (you almost always give up a vast majority of the rebate money to get 0%) you'll probably be better off taking the rebates and paying nominal interest.

Or, if you're the type that trades in every 2-3 years....it would not make sense for you give up thousands of dollars in rebates to get 0% for 2-3 years. Now if it's a vehicle that has little to no rebates, then obviously 0% makes sense...just thought I'd point that out.

Someone mentioned having the finance manager send a backup bureau to GMF. In my experience, that has not worked - at least where I am at. We have to submit EQ and they will not accept TU or EX as backup. There are plenty of credit unions that will, but GMF has never done that for me.

+1^^^^^^^^

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is a 3B score and how do you obtain one?

Message 6 of 7
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

It's a credit report from all three major Credit Reporting Bureaus. You can order one through MyFico...look at the various packages as not all include the Auto Enhanced score.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.