cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yay I got my car through Chase

tag
pumpkinpie84

Yay I got my car through Chase

So after ditching my Capital One fake pre-approval offer I got a car loan with Chase for my 2009 Malibu.  I love the car but one thing I'd like to ask since ive never bought a car before until this weekend is when will my first payment be do.  I'm assuming 30 days from this weekend...am I correct on this assumption because since I jsut did it this weekend I haven't yet received all my info from Chase.

Thanks, 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
203bravo
Established Contributor

Re: Yay I got my car through Chase

You should have received a disclosure statement with your contract that specifies the detals - interest rate, monthly payment amount, when the 1st payment is due, when the last payment is due, late fees, etc. 

Go back through all the paperwork and I'll bet you find it. 

Congrats on the new Ride.... enjoy.

Message 2 of 11
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Depending on how it was set up it should be 30 or 45 days.  Mine was 45.  You should get all of the info shortly in the mail.  If for some odd reason you don't, I would just call and find out that way.  Congratulations on your new purchase!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 11
kbella
New Contributor

Congrats!  I've heard Malibus are nice cars. 

Did you get an approval with Chase through the dealership or on your own?

TU-579 EX-551 EQ-562 as of 1/14/09 (ouch)
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you financed with Chase through the dealer it should be 45 days, check your contract and it will say
Message 5 of 11
Zar
Regular Contributor

I'm sorry I bring back this old thread but I was looking for information about Chase auto loans and I found this thread. In my case I received all the documents (title, Chase loan agreement, etc) already but I wanted to know if Chase will send me a letter with my account number and stating how to set my account online and how to make payments?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Zar Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@203bravo wrote:

You should have received a disclosure statement with your contract that specifies the detals - interest rate, monthly payment amount, when the 1st payment is due, when the last payment is due, late fees, etc. 

Not as correct as you think.

In many cases dependning on what institution you got your financing through, they will set a date for you (usually 30-45 days from when they received the properly contracted deal)

At that point many of the big finance institutions, after you have had a payment date and an account number created will let you call in and shift your due date

Message 7 of 11
pattycake
Established Contributor

I financed my car through a CU in TX so I don't even remember how this was done.  I think they send you a letter or payment book and options, like a mortgage, but I do remember I got to skip a payment, so it was 45 days, I think.  

Good luck to you on your new loan.   

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

We finaced our car through JP Morgan Chase bank last year and I got a letter and a call from them after about 2 weeks with my account number and due date, etc. My first payment was due 30days after we bought it.
Message 9 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@203bravo wrote:

You should have received a disclosure statement with your contract that specifies the detals - interest rate, monthly payment amount, when the 1st payment is due, when the last payment is due, late fees, etc

Not as correct as you think.

In many cases dependning on what institution you got your financing through, they will set a date for you (usually 30-45 days from when they received the properly contracted deal)

At that point many of the big finance institutions, after you have had a payment date and an account number created will let you call in and shift your due date

This is how I got my payment due date and it was 2 months from when I got the vehicle.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.