Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Young Auto buyer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Young Auto buyer

To make it more clear, the civic is an si. Its a little different over a normal civic. Its hondas "pocket rocket" of their cars. 197 hp, 0 to 60 on around 6.6 seconds, pulls .91g on the skidpad. Car is a blast to drive. A standard civic brand new is around 17 grand, and this car is around 23 new, so one with 15-25k mileson it thats one or two years old are usually around 17 to 19 grand.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, does anyone know if because my father cosigned for my truck, when trade in time comes, will he have to be present also? His name appears underneath mine on the registration which makes me think he is also on the title. I didn't think he had anything to do with the title because he only cosigned for the loan, but now that i see his name on registration I'm thinking different.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
To make it more clear, the civic is an si. Its a little different over a normal civic. Its hondas "pocket rocket" of their cars. 197 hp, 0 to 60 on around 6.6 seconds, pulls .91g on the skidpad. Car is a blast to drive. A standard civic brand new is around 17 grand, and this car is around 23 new, so one with 15-25k mileson it thats one or two years old are usually around 17 to 19 grand.

STOP.

have you actually talked to your insurance company about this specific vehicle?

have you made them aware of all these specifications on this vehicle?

At your age, being a male under the age of 25 your car insurance could and probably will be more then the car payment.

I think you need to rethink this.

I had more "Deals" on V8 Manual Mustangs go south not because the under 25 yo could not afford the car payment, but because he found out that the insurance would be about 1.5X the car payment. I simply started reality checking the guys first instead of wasting my time any more.

The reality was, if someone wants to pay 1100 a month for a car even at the age of 23, they are going to drive a Lexus or a Mercedes.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. To answer your question I have checked my insurance for this car. 135 a month. I took a VIN number up of an iditical car to my insurance agent. I pay 92 dollars a month for my 2004 F150 so its not too big of a jump for the kind or car it is and my age. I mean think, how many 19 year olds you know go, and even care to pay 16 bucks to check their FICO score, not many. If I was smart and cared enough to do this. I think i would be smart and care enough to check my insurance. This purchase I have budgeted very carefully for almost a year and have put a LOT of thought about if I should or shouldnt. This is no impulse buy at all means, however it is a want and not a need, so if everything goes well, then ill have the car, if something does not go exactly how i want, then ill walk away knowing it was not the right time to make this purchase yet.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.