Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bad credit auto loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

bad credit auto loan

i am trying to finance a used car with a credit score of 500 (very bad) i have been turned down because of lack of down payment at two dealerships (so they said)  they have both told me to come back with 2000. i need a car now! (like yesterday actually....) i have no idea what to do. should i even try to apply for a loan? if so where? should i try to go to a buy here pay here? i need help! i have a trade and a down payment of 1500 all together. is there somewhere i could even get a under 10,000 auto loan with my credit? if i could get a loan what would my interest be???????

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

Re: bad credit auto loan

21.99-29.99%

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: bad credit auto loan

Not a good idea to get a high balance loan in your position.

Especially if you don't have the $$ for down payment. You said you have a trade, why don't you keep your current vehicle and work on your credit first? You can make good strides in a relatively short time if you look at the rebuilding thread.

If that is not an option, then go for a less expensive vehicle where your trade and your $1500 will work or find the extra $500 the other two dealers are looking for to mitigate the loan risk.

Are you sure your score is 500? Or is that what the dealer told you?  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.