cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

final toyota financial payment

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Contributor

final toyota financial payment

I am confused about what should be the final payment for my tfs account.  Normally I pay online each month what ever it says the amount due is. Over the years I’ve paid a few extra dollars/cents, usually what ever is left of my budget since it is the last payment of the month.

Given this, I decided to download my last few statements to keep for my records.  And this is what confuses me. There are three different amounts that vary between what the statement says and what the online options are.  First graphic if from statement, second is from online.  So what is my final payment to be?

statement   online  
amount due280.17due 9/23 amount due278.53due 9/23
regular payment285.57  payoff options279.59good through 09/19
outstanding balance278.53     

capture1.pngcapture2.png

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Established Contributor

Re: final toyota financial payment

I just paid off two TFS accounts.

The payoff options is including the interest owed up to the date it is paid.

So they are giving you until the 19th to get that payment made with the included interest.

If you only make the payment owed, there may be $1.06 that is due in the future until paid in full.

Somewhere along the line on the site, it shows what the daily interest is. mine was $0.05 or so during last two payments

When I made my payments, i went the route of going to the payoff options to get the exact amount

due at the time of payment and made the payment right then and there.

Also, I received my first title in the mail, (took 2 weeks) and also a separate letter from TFS that

told me they would double check everything to make sure monies were not due from final assessment.

And recommended to turn off any auto payments (which i never set up)

$279.59 should be the full amount, but that only has the interest due until the "good through" date.

[Penfed Platinum Rewards 10k][TD Ameritrade-2k][BOA Cash Rewards 22k][NFCU cashRewards 25k][TDcash 5k][IHG 14.2k][BOA 15.8k][Amazon Prime Store 10k][Amazon PrimeVS 500][Amex BCE 6k][WellsFargo CashWise 14k][PNC Core 19.5k][WalmartMC 10k][SearsMC 12.5k][Lowes 35k][Toyota 15k][Capital One 5250][BP 10k][Home Depot 24.2k][Chase FU 6.6k][Discover 22.5k]
- [BOA CR $12.5k][Amex SC+ $13.5k][Amex B4B $35k][Chase Ink $45k][PNC $25k]
Message 2 of 4
Frequent Contributor

@SlideOrInsert wrote:

I am confused about what should be the final payment for my tfs account.  Normally I pay online each month what ever it says the amount due is. Over the years I’ve paid a few extra dollars/cents, usually what ever is left of my budget since it is the last payment of the month.

Given this, I decided to download my last few statements to keep for my records.  And this is what confuses me. There are three different amounts that vary between what the statement says and what the online options are.  First graphic if from statement, second is from online.  So what is my final payment to be?

statement   online  
amount due280.17due 9/23 amount due278.53due 9/23
regular payment285.57  payoff options279.59good through 09/19
outstanding balance278.53     

capture1.pngcapture2.png

So why not pay the $280.17 where it says Total Amount Due and if you end up over paying, it's better than under paying, Right?.... Maybe they'll send you a reembursment check for the overage paid?

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold
Message 3 of 4
Established Contributor

If you normally send in a check or whatever, then the 280.17 would be the amount,

since it would be due by 9/23 which is 4 days after the online payoff date.

Is that making more cents now?

Hope we helped you figure it out Smiley Happy

[Penfed Platinum Rewards 10k][TD Ameritrade-2k][BOA Cash Rewards 22k][NFCU cashRewards 25k][TDcash 5k][IHG 14.2k][BOA 15.8k][Amazon Prime Store 10k][Amazon PrimeVS 500][Amex BCE 6k][WellsFargo CashWise 14k][PNC Core 19.5k][WalmartMC 10k][SearsMC 12.5k][Lowes 35k][Toyota 15k][Capital One 5250][BP 10k][Home Depot 24.2k][Chase FU 6.6k][Discover 22.5k]
- [BOA CR $12.5k][Amex SC+ $13.5k][Amex B4B $35k][Chase Ink $45k][PNC $25k]
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.