cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got denied at a credit union...what next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: got denied at a credit union...what next?

thanks goose. actually, i have used the simulator...still working on it though. all of this, can be pretty stressful...ya nuh?!

thanks, 4 the words of advice and encouragment...

Message 11 of 19
goose3500
Contributor

I believe roadloans is the actually lender so they would fund you car.  It is good they give you a Blank Check but the apr is toooo high.  I would only take them only if it was absolutely neccesary and then refinance through CU.  I know you might not want to hear this but your have to be patient, I am on the same journey as you all and I had to learn how to be patient.  Make smart informed decisions before you apply to roadloans or anybody else for that matter.  To answer you question go to your local credit union and see what they say? Maybe you can get an apr of 8 or 9 percent
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

your absolutely correct about having patience...sometimes, the mistakes we make in life forces us, to learn and understand the importance of patience among other things, as well.  i wlll cont'u to try other cu and iam going to speak with a finance mgr at honda 2mor.

thanks, again....wish me luck.
Message 13 of 19
goose3500
Contributor

let me know what happens, break a leg
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you try at the honda delership- in person?
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey goose, the latest is...i went to the dealer spoke with the friend, of a friend who is a finance mgr and he ran my credit. honda pulls tu 650 and eq 634....my scores were a lil higher than i thought but he said, iam possibly still, looking at a interest rate in the low teens apose to a single digit unless, i have a co-signer. (not possible)  i guess, i need to come to terms with my current credit issues etc...

he explained to me what he saw on my report, what financing generally, look for and why, i was prob denied by the cu.  i feel a lil more comfortable knowing, were i stand worse case senairo but i still feel those numbers are high however, im not in the best position.   the best consumer is a informed, consumer...it pays to do your homework.

Message 16 of 19
goose3500
Contributor

I know your probably hurt but going into these dealership is a reality check, I went to a VW dealership in may and they offered me a 18 percent apr with my credit score.  I felt powerless and ashamed for letting them run my credit.  Is there another credit union you might qualify, I just found out that I was eligible to join navyFED and joined immediately.  Any past military services, goverment worker or goverment contractor?
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 or 3 collections on my report

That is what is hurting you right now. Do you also have a history of missed payments?

I would hold off the car until your credit is fixed, which is what it seems you are doing. Good luck!
Message 18 of 19
niecey89
Frequent Contributor

Grib,

I have a past post about getting a loan with 550 score (12/2007). Currently riding in a 2007 Nissan Xterra purchased on New Years Eve. My Credit Union denied me as well per my Sallie Mae payments. I went on Lending Tree (12 inqs on my reports), got approvals from Direct Loans13.99% and Roadloans 16.99%.  Went the dealer with the checks and the finance guy got me a loan for 13% (he negogiated) with Americredit. They took my hooptie as a trade-in. The only money that I came out of pocket for is the Tags and title.

Lending Tree puts your information out there for all lenders and you will get emails from those that will take your credit. It is more like a bargain sale at the mall.

If i can get a truck with 550 scores you can differently get something. Keep trying. Good Luck
FICO Scores 7/15/2008: EQ 600, TU 546, EX 490
9/17/08 - TU 571,12/17/08 649,3/16/09 638, 6/14 642
ScoreWatch 12/17/08 EQ 646, 1/2/ 09 664, 2/2/09 684,2/12/09 673, 2/16/09 688, 2/27 674,3/3 682,4/16 685, 6/28 679
1/2/09 EX 668 2/13/09 669
AS of NOV08 I am Credit card debit free. I AM A MYFICO.COM ADDICTED Smiley Happy ~
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.