cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have a question regarding moving my sisters car under my name.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have a question regarding moving my sisters car under my name.

my sister has a car under her name which is still being paid for.   im looking to move it under my name since ive been paying and using it for the last 9 mnths.   i know my credit score is 100 points higher than hers,  so im hoping to lower my monthly payments. i was told i have to apply for a car loan in order to transfer it.     any info and help would be appreciate it.    thank you

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: i have a question regarding moving my sisters car under my name.

@Anonymous wrote:

my sister has a car under her name which is still being paid for.   im looking to move it under my name since ive been paying and using it for the last 9 mnths.   i know my credit score is 100 points higher than hers,  so im hoping to lower my monthly payments. i was told i have to apply for a car loan in order to transfer it.     any info and help would be appreciate it.    thank you

You have to buy the car in order to transfer it to your name (legally) - you can pay cash or pay with a loan.  You will need to find a lender that can work with a private party sale. I have heard that Chase is one of the lenders that will finance a private party sale so call Chase and ask before you apply. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: i have a question regarding moving my sisters car under my name.

thanks for the information.   Chase is my main bank and i called them and they do provide that type of loan.   pretty much its an auto loan but you have to do the title change with them as well.  im going to wait a bit till one baddie comes off and my utl is loweer than 20.  thanks again.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.