cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lying a$$ auto sales and finance manager!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

lying a$$ auto sales and finance manager!!

Bought a car yesterday... Told sales guy I can get preapproved by my bank Chase... And only have 1 hp done... He said we can do the same... He lied... Finance Mr said we got 3 hp... He lied... Wife and I got a total of 5 hp each to finance our new car... Lying pieces of trash.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: lying a$$ auto sales and finance manager!!

Typical, dealers "shotgun" your report to a variety of lenders, be glad it wasn't 10-12. Anyway, it only counts as 1 HP as far as scoring by FICO.  One question though, if you were preapproved by Chase why did you even bother with the dealer? Last two cars I purchased I was "preapproved" through DCU and I specifically said DO NOT run my credit I have my own lender. The dealer mumbled something about beating my rate, I said I don't care (I had 1.49% on the first car and 1.74% on the second) something like "you must a lot of money if you don't want a better deal" - I ignored it. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The sales guy promised 1 pull total... Finance mgr said 3 each... 5 each does equal 10 hps... Time to type a letter to the bureaus to protest the hps
Message 3 of 5
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

OP, sorry this happened to you.  It sucks that the F&I/Sales Manager lied to you.  As for requesting that the HP be removed, it'll be a waste of time.  If you signed a credit app then you legally gave them permission to seek financing for you and that doesn't come with any sort of limit in regards to the lending institutions that they submit your information. 

I hate that they lied to you but there really isn't much to be done in regards to recourse for the added HPs.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

there is a way to protest hard pull with the 3 bureaus but you have to do it in writing.. I did it before and am waiting to see what happens... I'll do it again with this... 1/3 or something like that of all credit reports have errors that you can dispute... the big ones you can dispute online.. hard pulls have to be in writing.

@Loquat wrote:

OP, sorry this happened to you.  It sucks that the F&I/Sales Manager lied to you.  As for requesting that the HP be removed, it'll be a waste of time.  If you signed a credit app then you legally gave them permission to seek financing for you and that doesn't come with any sort of limit in regards to the lending institutions that they submit your information. 

I hate that they lied to you but there really isn't much to be done in regards to recourse for the added HPs.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.