Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new Car Loan

tag
baskball33
Valued Member

new Car Loan

I am so glad I paid off my credit cards when I did. My scores jumped significantly. I had planned on refinancing my car loan soon. As fate would have it, right before I purchased new tires, fixed cracked windshield and got inspection, someone sideswiped my car and it was figured as a total loss. I did receive enough to pay off the loan at least. Thank goodness.

So I head back to credit union for a new loan. My old interest rate was just under 13%. My new rate is 5.74%!!!!!  I had gotten pre-approved for 14k because that is about what I spent before and I wanted the payments to be around the same amount. Now I am looking at cars and most of them that I want are between 15 and 16k, so I am hoping I can go a little higher without it affecting my interest and still pay a little less monthly.

I knew my interest rate would be better, I just was not expecting that much better!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: new Car Loan

Congrats!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 2 of 4
SarahJo
Established Contributor

What a wonderful feeling, great work!

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet!

Glad that your car being totalled worked out in your favor!

Doesnt always work that way, so kudos!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.