Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

non-PP inquries for auto loans...

tag
crackers8199
Regular Contributor

non-PP inquries for auto loans...

...what's the best way to get them removed?

i am in the process of trying to buy a chevy volt, which currently has 0% interest thru ally for 72 months.  if i couldn't get approved for that, my plan was to do 2.99 for 84 months with my local credit union, who i'm pretty sure i could get approved for (would lower the payments by a bit, but over 7 years instead of 6).  please, i'm not looking for a lecture on whether or not it's wise to do a car loan for 7 years, that's not what this is about so please don't go there...

anyway, i made it clear to the salesman when i gave him my info that i ONLY wanted them to put an application through for the 0% from ally, and NOTHING ELSE.  i have a text message sent to the salesman immediately after giving him my info proving this (after i mentioned it on the phone i sent a text to confirm it, just to be safe).

i ran my report this morning, and sure enough there are 5 different inquiries from 4 different banks, plus one from the dealership itself.  as far as i'm concerned, this is BS - there should be ONE inquiry, from ally, and that's it (there is an inq from ally, but the other 4 are totally non-PP - in fact, i specifically told them NOT to run my credit with anyone else).

what's the best way to get these removed?  i already voiced my displeasure with the salesman and he said they're already in the process of having them removed...but can they even do that?  what's my recourse here?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: non-PP inquries for auto loans...

I wouldn't get too upset ~ FICO scoring will view them as a single inquiry since they occured within a short period of time and were auto related.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
crackers8199
Regular Contributor

Re: non-PP inquries for auto loans...

i thought that was only if they were all coded as auto, which they don't appear to be...and even if they're all looked at as one inquiry, who's to say a future lender doesn't see 5 inquiries like that and start asking questions?  it could cause me a headache later that i don't need.

also, at this point, even if that's the case, it's a matter of principle here.  i specifically told them not to do that, and they did it anyway...

Message 3 of 5
ds3
Regular Contributor

Re: non-PP inquiries for auto loans...

Relax. They will all show up as 1 inquiry after you close the deal. I bought 2 cars last year, and each of them had a bazillion inquiries. The only one that will show is the bank you end up going with.

As far as recourse with the dealer, it's not worth it. Dealers are the scum of the earth, and don't care if you are mad at them or not. For fun, go complain to the General Mgr...just don't shake his hand, because he is undoubtedly carrying a communicable disease.

Good luck, and remember..Relax!

Message 4 of 5
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: non-PP inquiries for auto loans...

@ds3 wrote:

Relax. They will all show up as 1 inquiry after you close the deal. I bought 2 cars last year, and each of them had a bazillion inquiries. The only one that will show is the bank you end up going with.

As far as recourse with the dealer, it's not worth it. Dealers are the scum of the earth, and don't care if you are mad at them or not. For fun, go complain to the General Mgr...just don't shake his hand, because he is undoubtedly carrying a communicable disease.

Good luck, and remember..Relax!

This must be an extremely rare situation. The experience of myself and most members of the forums is that ALL of the inquiries show but if coded as auto FICO scores it as one inquiry for the allowable period.;

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.