Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about repo and auto loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

question about repo and auto loans

Ok so I had a car repo'd about 1999/2000 do you think this will still be on any reports like the auto enhanced fico score? The loan no longer appears on my credit report because it fell off at least 7yrs ago.I haven't had any installment loans in 13yrs not counting the auto loan which was charged off.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guydiver
Established Contributor

Re: question about repo and auto loans

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok so I had a car repo'd about 1999/2000 do you think this will still be on any reports like the auto enhanced fico score? The loan no longer appears on my credit report because it fell off at least 7yrs ago.I haven't had any installment loans in 13yrs not counting the auto loan which was charged off.

NO. It will not be on any of your reports.  The repo fell off approx. 7 years from the date of first delinquency, and the initial account probably only remained on your reports for 10 years or so.  If you can't see it, it's gone. On the negative side you won't get any score boost with the auto industry option scoring if that is what is used.  You would most likely see a lower score than your classic Fico due to no current auto loan history.

Message 2 of 4
sccredit
Valued Contributor

It will have no effect on your score.  However, I would definitely not apply with the same lender as I'd almost guarantee that they do have record of it.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yeah it was Huntington Bank so avoiding them. I had my first auto loan ever with PNC so if they liked me when I was 22 maybe they'll like me at 40.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.