cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"First Again" for vehicle loans: Any thoughts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "First Again" for vehicle loans: Any thoughts?

No, the benefit of VTR if your car is lost and not recovered in 30 days is a $2,500 check.  The actual fee was $195.00.

This charge was on my other 2 cars I have purchased over the years in Nevada.  No dealers out here will remove it (no matter how hard you fight).  This charge also is not disclosed until you are sitting at the financing table.

The first time around I got hosed, the 2nd and 3rd time around I knew to ask and make them disclose it first so that I could calculate that into my financing.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

No they don't disclose anything other than the standard price, destination & doc fee's until you get to the closing table. I understand how valuable the VTR is but if it's comes on the car without my requesting it, then the dealership is responsible for those charges and can either lower the sale price on the vehicle to compensate or as I did scratch it out completely as mine did. That don't mean you don't have that coverage, the dealer would be paying that fee.
Message 12 of 13
MattH
Senior Contributor

1111mel wrote:...No dealers out here will remove it (no matter how hard you fight). This charge also is not disclosed until you are sitting at the financing table...

Then they would lose me as a customer forever, I always make it very clear early in the process that any surprises mean I walk out the door, period.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.