cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saleswoman is talking me into a lease, is it better than financing?

tag
iced
Valued Contributor

Re: saleswoman is talking me into a lease, is it better than financing?

@Anonymous wrote:

More than $70k! The GT starts at $90k. If he's getting a $600 dinner I can almost guarantee this GT is well equipped. 

I asked a few S 550 owners I know, and they never got bought or offered dinner. It's possible this is a new thing for them, but it sounds ... unusual.

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we get the Admins to close this thread?

I didn't want to directly call out the original poster but if you look at his other posts it leads me to believe he is not telling the truth here.

The only reason why I even looked at his other threads was when I tried to look at MB site it says pricing coming soon for the AMG GT.  Sure they may have a left over that they can still lease and if I am not mistaken I think MB does lease CPO cars.

Then I looked at his other posts and he is rebuilding 2 years post bankruptcy so I find it really hard to believe this thread at all.

For what it's worth pre-covid my Audi dealer had sandwiches soup and soda but that's all.

Galpin Ford in CA used to (may still have) have a diner attached to dealership and gave me a voucher for free lunch while they were prepping my car.

Maybe, just maybe if purchasing/leasing a super exotic $250,000 car or more maybe you might get wined and dined but I don't believe a word in his post.

Message 22 of 26
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Threads do not get locked because someone may or may not be telling the truth, unless the TOS is broken. 

What one can do, is simply walk away once they say what needed to be said as long as it's kept FSR. 

Message 23 of 26
mich800
Regular Contributor

@MichaelWoodland wrote:

So I have my eye on an Mercedes AMG GT, I wanted to just finance it. Local CU is giving me a good rate. But as the saleswoman and I are having lunch we really reccomends that I lease. She said that it's better for me because I am a busy man and I can just turn in the car at the end. She's been texting me all the time asking to hangout. I really think she wants to really close this deal. So I think she is biased.

What would you do?

Just ask yourself this question.  Is the salesperson trying to put together a deal in your best interest or theirs?  The last person I would be taking financial advice from is the auto salesperson sitting on the opposite side of the negotiating table.

Message 24 of 26
dunn2500
Established Contributor

yeah usually doesnt work out in your favor

Message 25 of 26
355F1
Contributor

I bought a 2021 Lexus LC Convertible Inspiration Series in November for $121,000 and I wasn't even offered a company pickup/Uber to come take delivery, let alone a dinner.....

I don't understand this thread....

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.