Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tesla approval odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

tesla approval odds

Looking for approval odds for a new Tesla Model 3. 58k loan amount.

Today's fico 8: 650 EQ, 684 TU, 649 EX.

Income: 220k

Current auto loan from Capital One: 30k balance, no lates, 2 years old.

DTI: 35%

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: tesla approval odds

I'm wondering if it makes sense to apply to NFCU vs Tesla's program. I have had a mostly dormant account with NFCU for many years and about a year ago I deposited about $8k and recently withdrew that amount. So, I don't really have a true relationship with them, but I kinda do? lol. Whereas the benefit of applying through Tesla is that I think I read that they get slightly favorable approvals through US Bank.

Thoughts?

Message 2 of 8
trant3
Established Contributor

You're better off applying for your own financing rather than going with Tesla's own. NFCU's new auto rate is pretty good. Im my case, I went with a local credit union and got a 2.49% rate and just brought the check with me on delivery day to pick up my Model 3. Approval odds may be better as well.

Good luck.

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 3 of 8
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Scores are a bit low.. for that reason alone id go through teslas program, but nonetheless id assume a approval if your 30k auto loan has been paid on time the last 2 years.

Message 4 of 8
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Good Luck @Anonymous on whatever you decide to do.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If TU is your highest score, I would give NFCU a shot. I have a model 3 on order as well. I plan to use PenFed because they pull EQ which is my highest score. Hope this helps. Good luck and congrats! Can't wait to take delivery of mine after the new year.

Message 6 of 8
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

I financed my Tesla Model 3 through NFCU in mid-2020. Like @trant3, I got a better rate than Tesla offered me. As you probably know, Tesla doesn't have its own lending program like other auto manufacturers. They simply place your loan with one of their partners. In my case, I didn't like the loan they offered, so I went to NFCU instead. They were great and I simply took their check with me when I pickup my Model 3. Good luck; you'll love the Model 3!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would get pre-approval from your local CU or any Bank you have a relationship with, then present a check to Tesla. You will have no negotiation room for APR negotiation once you go through Tesla's spin the auto lender wheel. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.