Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vehicle Lease/Finance impact to fico score

tag
tparvaiz
Contributor

vehicle Lease/Finance impact to fico score

Hi,

I am planning to get a new Honda on either lease or finance.

Here are my questions

• I plan to secure a mortgage as well; with the lease/finance, what will be the impact on my FICO score (related to mortgage), and how long will it stays.
  • Will there be any difference in impact to FICO (related to mortgage) if I lease or finance the car.
  • Which fico score Honda in Chicago uses. Any way to find out.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tparvaiz
Contributor

Re: vehicle Lease/Finance impact to fico score

anyone???

Message 2 of 4
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

@tparvaiz wrote:

Hi,

I am planning to get a new Honda on either lease or finance.

Here are my questions

• I plan to secure a mortgage as well; with the lease/finance, what will be the impact on my FICO score (related to mortgage), and how long will it stays.
  • Will there be any difference in impact to FICO (related to mortgage) if I lease or finance the car.
  • Which fico score Honda in Chicago uses. Any way to find out.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

If you are in the process of securing a mortgage, it is not wise to apply for a car loan/lease as it will change your DTI and possibly your FICO score.  With a lease, most (if not all) car manufacturers will still require a hard pull of your FICO scores.  Bureaus and versions will vary.  With a finance, you can either go with the manufacturer or bank/credit union but it will still require a hard pull regardless.  And yes, it will impact your scores.  Whether or not your mortgage scores will be affected is hard to tell, but more than likely it will be a hit.  Only way to tell what FICO Honda of Chicago uses is to ask the finance manager at the dealership beforehand.

Message 3 of 4
tparvaiz
Contributor

Thanks again for your assistance

I have gone for the pay in cash option to minimize impact to my FICO

regards

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.