Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what a credit mess I made!

tag
babbles
Established Contributor

what a credit mess I made!

Foolishily  I  traded in my car for a BMW i3, thought I would save greatly on gas.   In four days  I realized, no go despite all the research I did!  When it ran down on energy it kicked into  this rough sounding gas power that was supposed to be good for 80 miles or so.  Parked in the garage for about 2 hours,came out and  half way out the garage, couldn't get it nowhere.  Somehow I managed to  get a 1% charge with it on to get at least back into the garage.    I knew it was the end of this car!.

Asked the dealership about buying my old one back but they were reluctant to do so.  So I bought a brand new Honda Civic.   You can can imagine the credit file mess that's unfolding.

So of course I gained a few inquires, three to be exact in a 7 day period only  5 point hit on EX.   The first lien has not yet paid so it still remains on my account  from  the vehicle traded in  orgininally and the  i3 has showed up on my account also.   That makes two vehicles on the same lender, and now Honda's account has showed up as a personal account but no new accounts or  paid in fulls  as of yet.  Honda should be the lone accounrt when the dust settles!  Smiley Happy 

Not sure how this will all pan out points wise when it all goes down??

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: what a credit mess I made!

Guessing you traded the i3 towards the Civic?

Message 2 of 15
babbles
Established Contributor

yes traded the i3 for the honda and sorry had to edit my...

yes traded the i3 for the honda and sorry had to edit my grammar from  my first post! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 15
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: yes traded the i3 for the honda and sorry had to edit my...

At this point you will just have to give it time for everything to update.  45-60 days it will all clear out.  Probably take a score hit for a little bit but time will heal that too.  

Message 4 of 15
babbles
Established Contributor

Re: yes traded the i3 for the honda and sorry had to edit my...

appreciate the input!

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that happened. Good luck to you moving forward. Hopefully, the point drop won’t be drastic, but either way, give time, time. It will eventually all pan out.
Message 6 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Assuming all the inquiries are coded correctly (auto, though doesn't sound like they were) it would be scored as one.  The fact you already took a dip is a problem as there's a 30 day grace period on auto inquiries.  Shouldn't really be that bad though.

        
Message 7 of 15
babbles
Established Contributor

Thanks  for the replies, things have  already started to flush out.  Transunion now has deleted the original vehicle that I had,  and picked up the newest vehicle loan along with experian.  Equifax has not yet posted anyrthing.n  Amazingly got an 11 point bump from  Transunion and with experian  took  a  7 point hit on the inquiry.   

Message 8 of 15
babbles
Established Contributor

just a quick update, everything has straightened out and as other have stated, did loose some points but not too drastic!

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad it worked out and hopefully the Civic is treating you better than the i3. (Having owned BMW and Honda, I'm confident it is!)

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.