cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will nfcu or usaa pull TU if you ask them to?

tag
treschic
Frequent Contributor

will nfcu or usaa pull TU if you ask them to?

i will b purchasing a new car by the end of the year, but am wondering can you ask your credit union to pull a specific credit report?  i want to ask them to pull TU.  I belong to NFCU and USAA, but am not sure how flexable they are on using other credit reports besides EQ.  i've gone into the branch to speak to the loan officer, and she wasn't very helpful.  anyone have any such success?  thanks.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: will nfcu or usaa pull TU if you ask them to?

My dealer pulled TU and EQ and then passed the loan to SSFCU who pulled EQ as well.  I might be temted to let the dealer get your score from TU and let them see which lender would use that.  Since I noticed that 1 INQ on TU and 2 INQs on EQ didnt change my score since it was an autoloan (I wasnt sure if that was true till I did it) I dont think you have anything to loose. 
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 5
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

It never hurts to ask! I would call and ask and just see what happens! Good luck!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a memeber of USAA as well. My credit was not that great so I never went through them to obtain a loan until a few months ago. I have just about my entire life with them and wanted to purchase a new home and go through USAA.

USAA pulls all three scores for the mortgage process and I am pretty sure they do the same for an auto loan. I dont think you have the choice of teling them or requesting what score you would like them to use.

I do know that if you dont have at least a 660 and up USAA wont even give you a chance.
Message 4 of 5
cobra19
Valued Contributor

NFCU puuls EQ, exclusively. I don't think it is negotiable.

Call 'em. Can't hurt to ask.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.