Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.5 MONTHS after discharge Update

tag
DarthJR
Valued Member

1.5 MONTHS after discharge Update

So after 1.5 months. I am sitting at 645-651 on all three of my scores Smiley Very Happy

just 2 CC's so far and an auto loan.. Loan isn't reporting yet and the CC's haven't fully reported either with balances of 0.

So WOOOOOO. could be above 670 in a month or so when everything reports and i move out of a thin file status. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: 1.5 MONTHS after discharge Update

Congrats, Let everything report and let everyone know how it helped your score. Great example for others in the same situation. Good Luck.

Message 2 of 9
DarthJR
Valued Member

Will do. I am done on credit. ONly thing I will do is re-finance the car when I can.

Holding onto the 2 credit cards as thats all i need.

I set up several bank accounts as well. One of them holds the amount of total credit just in case something hits the fan.

Started seperating my bills and pleasure spending into different accounts. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, I got my discharge 4 months ago and I felt like I was released from financial prison. I'm looking at rebuilding my credit like a fun game now. I've completey nerded out about anything credit, FICO,  credit cards. Even though I'm slowly adding more cards I'm living more simplely and just enjoying playing the credit card game...watching my scores rise. Good luck to you!

Message 4 of 9
DarthJR
Valued Member

Same to you! And fantastic to hear!

Only thing I would suggest. Is. To keep a bank account that holds a decent chunk of your total credit. And don’t ever touch it. Unless you 100% have to.

Then keep a separate account and everything in this account is what you can spend on pleasure

And then a bill account Smiley Happy

Doing this helped me realize what I can and can’t spent. And I’ve noticed massive savings all over!
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got discharged myself about a 2 months ago. Just wondering what CC’s did you apply for because I’m debating on secured or surge or total visa to start
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, what was your scores before?

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They were all in the mid 500’s they are now at 603.
Message 8 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If you didnt burn them. Try Cap1 pre=qual. See if you can get unsecured first before secured.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.